Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I figure with everyone else trying to get the trucks done by spring, I would let you guys know what I have been up to. Hopefully done by Spring. See if I can be done before DRM. :D

Yes, I know it is not on the truck. Trust me I want it on there too.
but building in your Parents basement which is 20 miles away and only having 1-2 nights a week and weekends and slow money it takes a while. Over a year really. But I can say I am finally ready to get putting it together.

Specs: Usual stuff.

Completely rebuilt and finished front housing
5.29's, spool in the rear.
Toy rears up front, 5 leaves total.
2 inch front drop hanger
6.5" long shackles
Rockstomper flip kit
Allpro high steer, 1.5" wheel spacers, and brakelines
Ford towers and Doetsch tech shocks.
Chevies in the rear 4 leaf with one taken out.
Doetsch tech shocks and Rockstomper early flip kit
Budbuilt dual skid 1"drivetrain lift. AA adapter

Made as much as I could. Bought what I couldn't.

I have 2 other sets of shackle steel with eyes only drilled one one end for the rear, one about a foot and the other 6 inches or so. Since I dont know what will level the truck out in the rear and I am not going to run blocks, so I will get it all on, measure and drill for single or double shackle. (See what I have to work with.)

If I cant get what I need with stock toy, stock chevy and 2 of what ever, I got a problem.

I have to get the brakelines on, clean and weld all the mounts on, Got to get it done in a weekend, so Hopefully It will be a bolt on affair.

Aside from taking the plasma to the front end :flipoff2:

It is all going on 94 pickup. 36's should be here next week too.

Well what do you think and what problems if any do you forsee. And NO I am not doing the welding I suck. Not for something I am going to trust my life on. I dont trust myself let alone my welding. :D Well on with the pics....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
there may not be enough stagger in the front leaf packs, looks like 5 long leaves to me, so there wont be as progressive a spring rate. maybe not tho, we'll see--hth

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
BRBx4 said:
there may not be enough stagger in the front leaf packs, looks like 5 long leaves to me, so there wont be as progressive a spring rate. maybe not tho, we'll see--hth
i think the first time he comes up to an obstacle with a tire drooped hes gonna kink off a couple of those leafs without the clamp and the pack all fanned out, getting hung up. what a great collection of wheelin goodies anyone would be jealous of though:D

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
Nice shit but the front springs look like trouble!!!! Put that shit on your truck, it's not doing you any sitting onsawhourses and floor collecting dust. Get it on the truck so you can flop it and dent it up!!!!!!:D

P.S. You know that you can mount the front spring hanger and rear hangers for the front springs before you start cutting shit off.:D

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OOps, Yes I am putting on the brakelines and all the spring mounts and drill the hole in the frame next week get it all ready.

And yes the front springs are my only concern really. From SEARCHING The consensus seemed to be 6 leaves. I have the leaf I pulled out of the rear chevies I could throw in there or even my stock reear springs to mess with. As far as kinking them I can always put a clamp on the front side as well.

With that you just never know how they will be though. Soft I am sure. Got me thinking about throwing another in there now though.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What do you think. If I add my spare chevy leaf to the bottom cut to the length of the 2 white lines. add a clamp to the front and another to the chevy leaf in the rear. It was the stiffer of the 2 chevy leaves I had to chose from.

Think it would be a better start?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I ran a 5 leaf toy rear pack for a while, but I cut the bottom leaf about halfway beween the center pin and bolt eye of the main leaf and then the rest got progressively longer. I did not run clamps either. I never had any problems, but it was a very soft ride. Probably too soft for the street.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does cutting the leaves down that are in there change the spring rate. ( having them more staggered). since the ends are pressing on other parts off the above leaves? I wouldnt think so but what do I know.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
looks good you have all the standard goodies but do me and you self a favor and get rid of the allpro front shakles and get some factory locking hubs, and dont for get the long fields either:D

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What is wrong with the shackles. Made them myself. :flipoff2:
I am flattered that you feel I am up to All-pro standards. :D
Bolts and spacers from Roger Brown.

The hubs were on there when I got the axle from Flimmy. I have spare aisins, shafts, and birfields though. See what these ones can take for now.

Longfields and ARB are for later in the year. Let me get this stuff under there first. :D

·
Registered
24,649 Posts
JamisonWorkshop said:
The hubs were on there when I got the axle from Flimmy. I have spare aisins, shafts, and birfields though. See what these ones can take for now.
Keep the WARN for spares and use the stokcers. Mine always were coming loose since they do not use cones like stock. PLus that near full turn to lock hubs wastes too much time :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I can agree with the stock hubs. I tried to tell him about those. I even had a set for him. Those warn hubs are held on with these little ass allen head screws.:rainbow:

So when are we cuttin your shit up Mike??????

1 - 20 of 56 Posts