Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a search and didnt find what i was looking for. im running fullsize d44s front and rear,and i built my own rear disk brake setup using calipers just like whats on the front.,so if i use the stock M/C and booster with no prop. valve,,will this be good enough to stop it well? and it wont be on the street,just the trails. the 4.3 gets it going,and i want to be able to stop good. i dont know if the little zuki M/C will displace enough fluid to stop 4 fullsize calipers

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
NOPE You may want to look into a 81 firebird M/C and put a good proportioning valve on the rear also plumb it front to rear instead of the stock side to side just my o2

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i go with a firebird M/C,,, why would i need a porp. valve? i didnt use one on another truck i built?

·
Premium Member
17,869 Posts
Suzuki MS stops 4 wheel disc D44s just fine, you will push a little more though. A late 80s (I used 86) dodge 4x4 3/4 ton MS will bolt on by making the holes .030 bigger, and displace a LOT more fluid. The push rod will need to be lengthened, and the fittings on the lines adapted or changed. MS is aluminum, and the zuk sensor for low fluid can be swapped over too....

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Its only to keep the rear from locking up before the front, and it aids in keeping the pistons from dropping back in MY o2 put a good adjustble in, that way your covered from the get go as far as the m/c my origianl post stands larger piston calipers require more volume, supposedly some have gotten away with staying stock others have had probs. your decision

1 - 7 of 7 Posts