Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
shattered a CV joint in a gravel parking lot today. Ball bearings fell on ground as did scraps of metal after I heard a horrendous pop. SAS may come sooner than I thought. I refuse to repair the shitty IFS junk, so no wheeling till I get solid axle. Maybe it will make myself get into gear and make some money for swap. anybody know of any easy ways to make $600 besides selling drugs or becoming a man- whore.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am in the same boat I just broke the inner short shaft clean off at the housing. I hate that shit.

Shane

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
big4294x4 said:
anybody know of any easy ways to make $600 besides selling drugs or becoming a man- whore.
I think the going rate is 10$ for head, 20$ if you're good, so figure 3 blowjobs an hour, 4 hours a night, you'd be solid in about 4 days. Just think, you could be doing your swap this weekend, faster if you swallow!:eek:

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,737 Posts
You guy crack me up!!! What kind of wheelers are you??? Going to let a $20-30 part stop you from wheeling until you can do a "SAS"!!!! Shit if I would have done that I would have mised a LOT of good wheeling the two years that I wheeled IFS!!! Besides wheeling the piss out of your IFS make you a better wheeler when you get your SAS!!! Just my opinion!!!:D :D

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
OOP'S said:
You guy crack me up!!! What kind of wheelers are you??? Going to let a $20-30 part stop you from wheeling until you can do a "SAS"!!!! Shit if I would have done that I would have mised a LOT of good wheeling the two years that I wheeled IFS!!! Besides wheeling the piss out of your IFS make you a better wheeler when you get your SAS!!! Just my opinion!!!:D :D
I agree with teh old man ehre, I wheeled the piss out of my IFS and repaired/replaced every lift and steering component to keep wheeling. The final straw was when I completely destroyed the gears and center section. Do that and we'll talk.:flipoff2: It amde me a better driver by being able to pick lines.

·
H M F
4,364 Posts
OOP'S said:
Couldn't agree more.

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
just think if i had that attitude. i am not wheeling till i get a 60............................. hell i had fun changing 41 birfields out on the trail. just take spare parts and wheel what ya got.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Watch the for sale board. I've gotten 6 half shafts for a total of $45...very cheap and easy fix.....

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,737 Posts
kyle said:
Watch the for sale board. I've gotten 6 half shafts for a total of $45...very cheap and easy fix.....
One day Erik B and me and a couple of other guys were screwing around at the Yuba River, Erik blew a CV and changed the damn thing in 15 minutes with out even jacking it up!!! I just shook my head and Erik just got the shit eating grin on his face!!!:D Wheel the SOB until the damn IFS falls out, then you will not have as much work when you do the SAS!!!!!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
961 Posts
kyle said:
the price quatriples at Spiderlake. toyota ifs cv joint at spiderlake,hmmmmmmmmmm $300 or 30 minutes with youre old lady.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Lemmie guess, lots of skinny pedal and no talent!
:D

Put a Marlin Ultimate crawler and rear locker in that thing and you won't have to spin the sh*t out of your tires. Spinning tires=broken parts

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
OOP'S said:
make sure its lifetime warranty ... that way you can take it back when it breaks ... know a guy with a ranger that breaks one almost everytime we go out. runs without it the rest of the outing and takes it back the next day. it may be a little bit more but aleast if you break it you can get a new one.

·
Registered
213 Posts
OOP'S said:
Ditto, wheeled my IFS for a year and a half, final straw was after an all day run on Fordyce and the CON. That run pretty much destroyed any chance of ever getting the front end straight again. Came home that night and forced myself to torch it off. In a year in a half I had many runs on the Con and Fordyce and the ONLY part I broke was a left CV on driveline hill.

I say fix your junk and wheel it until the front wheels look like a lowered VW and you've got about a foot of toe in :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
When that Jimmy has it's weekly breakdown you'll wish you'd fixed your Toy :flipoff2:

Just fix the darn thing, and be glad you live in TN so it's not all rusted together :eek:

So, um, how exactly DID you manage to break a CV in a parking lot?!?!?!:confused:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
breaking the joint took no skill what so ever. I was crawling along in 4WL, no gas at all, and turned left, the CV joint blew to pieces. This is not my first problem, the steering is screwed on the thing. Just replaced idler arm, ball joints are shot, needs new pitman arm............all steering linkage is shot. It doesnt drive even remotely straight and it vibrates. The previous owner must have beat the shit out of it.

·
Registered
25,113 Posts
big4294x4 said:
breaking the joint took no skill what so ever. I was crawling along in 4WL, no gas at all, and turned left, the CV joint blew to pieces. This is not my first problem, the steering is screwed on the thing. Just replaced idler arm, ball joints are shot, needs new pitman arm............all steering linkage is shot. It doesnt drive even remotely straight and it vibrates. The previous owner must have beat the shit out of it.
And how gravelly was this parking lot that you were cruising on 4LO??? :rolleyes:

Well how about ragging on the PO instead of the IFS? Your joint was shot anyways if that happened, I've been running these joints now with no boots, no grease, full of grit, and ask anyone at TDS how I beat on them. They be makin' noise, but they ain't be breakin'!

Grab someone who just did a SAS, get the entire steering setup for cheap, and swap the entire thing out at once!

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
If you need any IFS parts cheap to get back on the trail, PM me. I still have this lying around a year after my SAS. At least I managed to sell the locking hubs. :(

Notice it still has intact steering and a 4" lift. You just have to replace the bushings on the idler arm, and hammer the drop brackets striaght. :p

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Re: Re: another reason why IFS sucks

J Kimmel said:

I think the going rate is 10$ for head, 20$ if you're good, so figure 3 blowjobs an hour, 4 hours a night, you'd be solid in about 4 days. Just think, you could be doing your swap this weekend, faster if you swallow!:eek:
:flipoff2:

unreal, or think only one night and you could fix your IFS junk

but id rather work than man-whore :barf: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
A "real" wheeler will fix it and go beat on it some more!!!

When the control arms are rippen off da frame, then its time to SAS :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts