Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
We did Crawford cry first. Got to the top with the trail washed out. I was actually the only one to get past the rocks in out group and turned around with no winch.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I don't know when you guys went, but we were there in May and the trail at the top was starting to get ugly. We stayed off of it...Your Turn was just a wicked looking trail, glad to see pictures of someone actually doing it.

How did you feel about Railbed and Cream Puff? Sounds like you guys made it to all the hot spots. Awesome build, keep it up.

·
Registered
235 Posts
We figured if Cream Puff was going to happen we would drive up to the ledges and pull cable right away.

One guy we were with had a JKU on 37s, he went half way up and said traction was amazing even though it was wet. I pussied out regardless.

Sorry about the hijack, back to he build :smokin:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey Benny. I see you have a Triangulated 4 link in the front of your TJ, Although you do appear to have a different engine than the stock 4L.
Do you have any pictures of how you ran your exhaust?

Thanks,
Luke.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I don't really have any good detailed pictures so I will take some when I get home.

I used the factory headers but reacently got upgrade ceramic coated stock replacement ones.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)

Hope these help. The exhaust goes above the upper link mount and clears by about 3/4"-1". its the same on both sides. Then it flows to the inside of the frame. I'll see if I can get the skid off (5 mins) and take more other pictures.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks Gtxracer.. Actually the cage design was all done by me.. Even drawn in Solid Works and ran some FEA and it will hold up no problem, here are some pics of the design.. I also have a ton of pictures.

Now I did not build the cage because I dont not have a bender. So a local shop bent the cage and I welded it and did the seat mounts. We did have to make some adjustments from my design only to work better with my other thoughts/ideas. Heres a link to the build pics.

http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll108/ben-shelswell/1 ton Swap/

·
NERD
8,615 Posts
Nice, thanks for the info and link. Did you end up making it a "fastback" type of look on purpose or was that part of the adjustments? What did the shop charge you for the bends if you don't mind me asking? Oh and can you still put a top on it?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I wanted the fast back look because I wanted something that kind of looked more buggy'ish. And I got sick and tired of friends that never helped or anything want me to take them for rides.. :)

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
Scooter if I remember right you Bryce and myself had a race on who was going to finish first... Ummmmm who's done.... AND wheeling...! :flipoff2:

Thanks for the comment though.. :laughing:
BLAH BLAH BLAH :flipoff2: Hopefully within the next year ill have mine finished :(

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hope these help. The exhaust goes above the upper link mount and clears by about 3/4"-1". its the same on both sides. Then it flows to the inside of the frame. I'll see if I can get the skid off (5 mins) and take more other pictures.
Thanks for posting up the pics. They will help me make a decision on mine.

Luke.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Happy with your airshocks?

Gotta slow--- 98 TJ project, full body and frame. 60's,coilovers,histeer, ram assist.yadayada. Selling my coilovers cause I have too many unforeseen clearance problems w/fame, histeer, everything. Too far gone to refab. Getting tired of project, just want it ready for trails. How do you like the airshocks. I think the airshocks will solve my clearance problems- coils are in the way. Do u drive at all on the hiway? Mines not a daily driver, just want to get from point a to b. Are yours 2.5"?

21 - 40 of 116 Posts