Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Hell ya...! She's the love of my life.. :)

Sense the last post here... Its wheeled in Minnesota, South Dakota, Moab and Canada.. Been a blast..

Also, another new engine (5.3) back to a built 4L65 from the TH350. Still an atlas. Stretched the wheel base from 106ish to 112. Swapped fuel pump to the aeromotive unit (Awesome upgrade). Rebuilt all the steering system and added huge coolers, almost 1.5 gallons of steering fluid now. Crane steering knuckles. Relocated the battery inside the cab so I could make the intake route longer to have less turbulence around the MAF and had to re-weld my RCI fuel cell twice now from cracking welds, but made a new mount with a little more cushion.

Here some pics as it sits today.
Harlan - 11/2016
image hosting 30 mb

Moab 2016
image hosting sites

picture uploading

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Still rocking this thing. Just got a new set of PBR's and have been having a blast.

Just a lot of local stuff this year, but still fun.

Friends rig that I designed and him and I built this winter.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is a nice build. I love the way you use Solidworks to do some of the your custom design work. I work for as a Tool Designer taking apart and putting back together Turbines, Compressors and gear drives for offshore rigs and other BFE camps. I use ProEngineer/Creo and plan to use it a lot when I finally start my Jeep build(still dreaming).

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Thanks, I love my Solidworks. I used it was on my buddies build as well. Fun to send it to a shop and have it all laser cut and formed and come back as lego set.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
nice to see updates on this thing!

have you seen the new RCI rock crawler tank? it a direct replacement for their one tank and it has a bladder in it

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
nice to see updates on this thing!

have you seen the new RCI rock crawler tank? it a direct replacement for their one tank and it has a bladder in it
I have not, but I will check that out. Thanks for the info.

Last week I was in Harlan, final day.. Boom.. Should have bought limit straps for the front as well. :laughing:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Sadly, the video was just the 2nd rig in line, nothing crazy. Can't see much.

2nd run up your turn at the top and took a bump and the front end went up and the axle stayed.. Lol.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts