Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
after reading a post about welding spring perches and reading some of the welding tech posted i have some questions? on my current build i installed a reverse shackle kit. on the front fangs i used my lincoln 140 flux core.035 wire.
the fangs are 1/4" obviously welded to the frame. i turned the welder all the way up and only made a single pass about 1/4" weave very slow.

i know the picture is blury but it is a very clean weld, but is that good enough as is? if not i have access to 220 miller matic, but can i pass a mig bead over a flux core, or should i just make another pass with the flux core.

·
Registered
393 Posts
is there a way you can see the inside of the frame? but the specs for your machine is 5/16's if your using flux and frames arent that thick, so i think you will be good.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
50' 14 guage?
you'll get a hotter burn with a short 12 guage cord. it makes a big difference.
really ! i mean it makes since larger wire can pass more current. it's hard being a noob but i guess you gotta learn somehow. so with that being said do you still think it will be ok without another pass. BTW thanks for the replies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts