Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got her finished up. Projects like this wouldnt be possible without the help of great friends. My brother was really stoked to get it done. Here are the specs.....

- Full interior cage
- HP 44 and 60 out of 79 F250
- 5.13's and detroits F/R
- 60 converted to 35 spline FF (yukon shafts) w/ disc brakes
- Hysteer with Sky MFG. Arms
- Allied Beadlocks
- 38" TSL's

Still have some tweaking to do but hopefully will be wheelable by next weekend. He will be driving around boone this week though.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cagework, Seth was the brains behind the cage, I was just the welder boy. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics up for me Sam...And for all of your slave labor :D It's awesome to have a brother that loves working on a rig as much as you do.

·
Registered
28 Posts
sick XJ! shoulda done EXOcage tho because its unibody. other then that its sweet!

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
Damn I love it!!!! I really hope mine can grow up to be like yours. I would show pics, but its just another xj on 35s same color as yours. I hope to make it more like yours.--------Kyle

·
Premium Member
5,248 Posts
Damn MAC, lookin good!!

Couple things.

First I think you will find that the sky arm is too long from the balljoint to the draglink hole to get full turning radius with the stock pitman arm(or any TJ or ZJ variation). I believe the parts mike arms is shorter in that dimension. I'm running the sky arm also and have to put it in the tie-rod hole to get full turning radius. Been debating swapping steering arms or pitman arms, be interested to hear what your thoughts are.

Second, how much lift are you running and what springs?

Third, nice job on the cage, no critiques here, just curious how and where you tied it iin.

Lastly, it's a shame I haven't gotten to wheel with you. I think I'll have sold my Jeep before the opportunity arises :(

Maybe with my next ride :D

Ary

Edit: GOT BUMPSTEER? :flipoff2:

·
Registered
20 Posts
ary- i was going to get the Sky arms, but for what youre saying, do you think i should hold off and get parts mike, or just do what youre doing with the setup?

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
Yeah I wanna know too as I am going to start building up an hp44 for my Jeep as well. These pics just inspire me more.--------Kyle

·
Premium Member
5,248 Posts
Bennett, are you going to run hysteer or just crossover(tie-rod in stock location on the knuckles). If you're going hysteer, do some research and find an arm with a shorter distance from BJ to draglink TRE hole. If not, then just put the draglink in the tie-rod hole and you're good to go.

Ary

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Arya Ebrahimi said:
I think I'll have sold my Jeep before the opportunity arises.
Dude, nobody wants your rig. :flipoff2:

Mac, it's just sick. :eek: I need to get a better job or something cause I can't afford SHIT. :shaking: :D

·
Registered
979 Posts
toxicoffroader said:
sick XJ! shoulda done EXOcage tho because its unibody. other then that its sweet!
Uh, no newbie :rolleyes: exo cages do not reinforce the unibody nearly as well as an internal cage.

nice ride!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Damn mac...it's still pretty clean. Looks like your going to have some fun...

1 - 20 of 82 Posts