Pirate 4x4 banner

How many layers of protection do you have? you may choose more then 1.

• ing cut off switch

Votes: 45 58.4%
  • fuel pump cut off switch

Votes: 36 46.8%
  • alarm

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • 2 alarms!

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other Please reply.

Votes: 19 24.7%
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many are concerned over theft of there 4x? How many different types of protection do you have on your rig? from a simple ing cutoff switch, to a fuelpump cutoff switch to alarms....I would like to see my truck still in the parking lot when I come out of the movie theater, so I did a lil something about it so I won't worry anymore:D
P.S. if a theif loses a finger or hand trying to steal, am I in trouble:eek: O if yes, ask me if I fuckin care:p :p lets just say, don't fuck around with my 4x... you will be sorry, and maybe a bloody mess too:flipoff2: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
25,168 Posts
I've found that as well as my special magical thing, having a starter that doesn't start 70% of the time, and a fuel pump that doesn't always click in well, helps :D

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TRD said:
i just drive a really big hunk of shit, that way no one will want to steal it :flipoff2:
...bullShit! yours will be stolen 1st:flipoff2:

·
Registered
20,143 Posts
After having my vehicle broken into twice, I decided that I will NEVER have a vehicle that is not alarmed well.

I have an alarm with motion, vibration and door sensors and a pager.

It's been several years now and not a single problem.

I will kill the next person I catch fawking with my stuff. Try me.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I am puttin an ign. kill switch after I get the EFI swap done. No power, no nothing. They wil lhave to look long and hard to find it too. ;)

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Ingin and fuel pump switches, and a Club for use in Phx.

I run doorless most of the summer, so the stereo has a detachable faceplate, and the amp is bolted to the floor w/ tamper resistant hardware. The speakers are MTX behind the seat boxes, so they could get ripped off easy enough.......

·
Registered
66 Posts
remove the coil wire and i have an alarm oh and soon brake lock. my last idea was to risky wire truck like electric fence:flipoff2:

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Simple I have a DD and only drive mine to the trails. Theft is not as big here and it probably is there. I would have something if it was left outside and/or my DD still.

·
Registered
210 Posts
hey schly:

ive had my junk broken into twice also. one recently they took
all my trail tools and my wallet. if you catch anybody give them
a courtesy thump just for me.

oh yeah fuel pump cut sw. is my only form of protection for now

rick

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
TRD said:
i just drive a really big hunk of shit, that way no one will want to steal it :flipoff2:
It didn't work for me:( :eek: :mad: :mad3:

Ever see Road Warrior? "Touch those tanks and :nuke:" Only wire it up so that when you flip the switch and they try and start it, it rerouts the coil power into a sparkplug in the gas tank :D.

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
No fuel (LPG tanks not kept on buggae), no steering wheel (removable wheel and orbital steering), and no battery...good luck

1 - 20 of 88 Posts