Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a equation for calculating antisquat for wristed arms?

also what about roll center for wristed arms?

I have seen a few trucks with the wristed set up and I have been thinking is there a more proper way to set them up for squat/antisquat?

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Roll center is related more to the track bar than the radius arms... assuming the suspension you're talking about, uses a track bar. Either way, calc roll center based on the lateral locating device, unless you're using something like the two-link that I used at SuperCrawl and then scrapped a while back. In that case, you're screwed, I know of no good way to calc roll center. :)

As for squat/anti-squat, it's easy enough--just do it for a four-link (assuming four straight front-to-back links with a track bar) and calc based on the top and bottom links being attached at the same pivot point on the frame.

That's assuming, however, that you have two radius arms that are equally sharing the load. Wristed arms, squat/anti-squat differs side to side... so it'll be fun. :) Realistically, you only have squat/anti-squat on the fixed side, nothing at all (aside from a location device) on the other side. Just take a four-link, resolve it into a single pivot point at the frame, and dump all that torque into that single pivot. Sorry, I don't have the equations in front of me.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So Scott did you take all the math into account when you built your stuff or did you just "Go with the flow"?and build then change.......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts