Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is also a grand cherokee zj that was done. 4bt swaps site has lots of great info and build ups. I'm starting a swap into a wj very shortly, just collecting a few more parts.
Brian

·
Registered
104 Posts
There was a guy that used a cummins b 3.3 and swapped it in to a yj it's about 250 lbs lighter than a 4bt I think he said it was around $3800.00 brand new. phoenix castings makes adapters for SAE flywheel housings to automotive transmissions. The 3.3 isn't as powerful as a 4bt but any diesel can easily be modified for lots more power. I would use a 3.3.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
There was a guy that used a cummins b 3.3 and swapped it in to a yj it's about 250 lbs lighter than a 4bt I think he said it was around $3800.00 brand new. phoenix castings makes adapters for SAE flywheel housings to automotive transmissions. The 3.3 isn't as powerful as a 4bt but any diesel can easily be modified for lots more power. I would use a 3.3.

Right, so you can take a 3.3 and take it to 4BT power levels, or you can take a 4BT up to 1st gen Dodge Cummins 6BT power levels.

Seems like a no-brainer to me. I'll take the 160hp, 400lbs/ft thank you very much.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts