Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I changed my mind again on what I'm doing.

Going to use YJ leaf springs all around on my CJ7 and wondering if it was even worth comparing stock height springs quality? It rides and sages like shit no matter what.

I'm considering not wasting money on shocks too. :shaking:

I'm thinking hang with the BDS springs and Rubicon 1"+ shackles for CJ7 then running the 3.5" BDS springs later.

Skyjacker shocks ok? Cheap cheap cheap! They are pretty useless anyways.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
So I changed my mind again on what I'm doing.

Going to use YJ leaf springs all around on my CJ7 and wondering if it was even worth comparing stock height springs quality? It rides and sages like shit no matter what.

I'm considering not wasting money on shocks too. :shaking:

I'm thinking hang with the BDS springs and Rubicon 1"+ shackles for CJ7 then running the 3.5" BDS springs later.

Skyjacker shocks ok? Cheap cheap cheap! They are pretty useless anyways.

WTF:confused:

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty much sums up what was going trough my mind when I wrote it.

Question: What would you consider a good leaf spring for a stock CJ7? I know Rubicon Express is like the only thing people recommend (Even those who have never used them.... WOW THEY ARE THAT GOOD!:shaking:) but people use others. Worth the extra money when you could get something like Rough Country?

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Yeah

WTF +1?

I am not sure what you're asking. Try clearing up your post some.

It doesn't have to ride like shit. If you're trying to get a lot of lift with a spring under, then yes it'll ride like shit.

Worth the extra money when you could get something like Rough Country?
Absofuckinglutely! If you want a good ride, Old Man Emu springs are worth looking into. They'll give you a bit of lift, and they are YJ springs (don't make CJ springs).

Not a complete list but...

Springs worth considering
Old Man Emu
BDS
RE
Black Diamond

Springs you should avoid
Rough Cuntry
ProComp
________
Colorado Medical Marijuana

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah the whole point of asking was I'm avoiding the lift. I'm pretty much settled on either just some Omix-ADA replacements or BDS.

ANYTHING will be better than what I have right now and I'll enjoy it. Right now my leafs are seperating, and my shocks are blowing oil all over the place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts