Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Broke Bastard
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure it would be posted up it there were any. But I am about to pull the trigger on a grand worth of tires and would love a discount.

:grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Find a list of dates they did it last year, i think they are hitting the same dates.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Window Licker
14,786 Posts
Find a list of dates they did it last year, i think they are hitting the same dates.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I feel like they're doing them more this year than any previous year.

I really couldn't figure out what their angle was. In most cases, they're discounting more than they bring in. It looks like the current fee structure with listing, selling and paypal fees brings them roughly 14% of the final value, yet they're discounting 15-20% in these sales. That comes out of ebay's pocket, not the sellers'.

I've long suspected that it has to do with bumping up their sales numbers toward the end of a fiscal quarter and the previous dates seem to coincide with that.

Looking through a quick google search of threads on some seller sites, there are rumors that there will be a 15% code between x-mas and the end of the year so hold off until next week if you can.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Fuck eBay.

I ordered a set of rocker arms for the engine I am building during their most recent 15% off sale along with some other engine items. The rocker arms didn't show up yesterday like they were supposed to, so I checked my email and there was nada. So I logged onto my account and it said that there was an order error on the rocker arms (even though the other items I ordered at the same time came through). I called them up and they told me that it was a glitch on their end, but I wasn't charged and I would have to re-order them again. I explained that I bought them through eBay due to the 15% off sale and asked them to honor that price, but the indian customer service rep basically told me to pound sand.

I lied and told them all my future orders will be placed through Amazon going forward and they didn't seem to care about that either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts