Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I built a rear bumper and now I want to add a tire carrier to it. I was looking for a bolt or weld on arm that I can add onto the existing bumper. It is 4 ft by 6 inches. It would be much easier if the arm mounted onto the face of the bumper but I would consider notching the hatch if I have to. Do you guys have any ideas or links to companies that might make something that will work. Here is a pic of it so far.

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
Here is what I would use. It's a bolt on spring hanger for a semi truck. The bolt is 1.120"! It's forged aluminum with a hard bronze insert.

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
Rockstomper sells some hinges..

Click Here

I`m not sure how well they work but i`m probably getting a free tire carrier with their big hinge.. I`ll let you know when I use it..

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
You could also use a trailer spindal, ball bearings ext...thats how mine is on and it swings flawlessly...No pic though right now...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have absolutely no problem moving the shackle mounts in order to mount on the face. The hatch does open out but it has some clearance over the bumper. The plastic part on the top is removable so there is actually a few inches gap between the bumper and hatch. I might buy the hinge and build it myself but man my welds are ugly. I was looking into bolt on options but they seem to be few. So far the only one I have found is from custom4x4fabrication.com which looks good but it is a bit steep at 260. This is what it looks like.

Does anyone know of any fabricators in the el paso texas area who might be able to build a swing arm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts