Pirate 4x4 banner

Any Off-Road Trails/Parks to have fun in a 4x4 in/near Georgia area??

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Rockhales 
#1 ·
Coming from the West Coast I'm definitely new in Georgia and wondering what good off-road trails/parks are near by? Either Mild and Hard Core. My Rig is a 2006 LJ with 40's One Ton with lockers, Coilovered, etc. However have a couple of friends with stock Jeeps.

Let me know. Thanks!

#5 ·
quick hijack, how much for the front 60?

As far as areas, durhamtown in north GA is pretty easy for stock jeeps, your 1ton will laugh at everything there, but you can still have a decent time.

Beasly knob is a good route, stock jeeps won't make it to the top without help (i tried back in the day)

Its been 15+ years since I've been to Uhwarrie in North Carolina but it was fund with a slight modified (small lift, 33's) Jeep. If you're down south (Ludowici, Jesup, Cordele, Cairo) area you aren't going to find any rocks or real "trails." There are mud pits and plenty of places to get dirt in parts you didn't know your jeep had but thats about it. you're in swap land down there. My family has land in between Ludowici and Hinesville so I grew up down there.

#6 ·
short of wheeling private property there are only a few off road parks in Ga. Closest to your neck of the woods is River Rock ORV in Milledgeville.

For a rig on 40s Beasley is not worth the trip, I live an hour from there and have not been in 5+ years.

Durhamtown is similar to Beasley in that it's mostly boring for a built rig but has a couple spots that could entertain you for a couple of hours.

I'm north of ATL about 45 minutes and we frequent Choccolocco in Alabama, AOP near Chattanooga, TN and occasionally Windrock in Oak Ridge TN.

Once you decide Alabama is not too far many other options open up from there.

A handful of us are going to AOP the weekend of the 21st and you're more than welcome to join in. Yota rigs all have 37-39 stickies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.