Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta go parts hunting and may have to search the piles of loose axels too...
Casey at WMS told me today he's putting on Eldorado calipers on the rear he's constructing but I'd have to scrounge up the e-brake brackets and springs.
I know to look for 1979-86 Eldorado rears (Rivieras too?) but it will be a great help to have an illustration of what I'm looking for.
The junk yard parts guys around this area leave a lot to be desired ... if you know what I mean.
Fortunately, there have been a lot of Caddies bought and sold in this area, what with all the oil field people boom and busting for the last few decades :flipoff2: so my chances of finding a set may be good.
Thanks in advance for any help ... much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
I've not had good luck using the ebrakes. I know there is a lot I could do for adjust-ability but with an auto I'd rather use a line lock when I need the wheels locked. I'd do a quick search here to decide if you want to go that router before tracking down all the parts.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I have the small cady calipers and for about 2 1/2 years I have not hooked up the e-brake I just use compression. Look @ www.aa-mfg.com for the brackets. I don’t know what size you need just use the measurement between the two pins to decide if they are the big or the small. For the cost of the AA brackets it is not even worth making them IMO

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I will have line locks but Comp rules require e-brakes.
A rotor on the TC is out so I need to make to the Eldo's work.

There is an unforgettable story about a local gal that was asked to move her guy's rig in Choke Cherry ... She did a good job perching it ... only to have it roll backwards off a cliff right after she set it's faulty e-brakes and got out. :rolleyes:

Thanks, guys ... any one with a little clearer image?
So, from what I can see so far, this is what I'm looking for, eh?

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
here you go

1976-1978 Cadillac El-dorado, Rivera, and Toranado rear caliper.
Here are a couple pics of what the look like.

1975-1978 Cadillac Seville rear caliper

These are standard chevy D52 pin width.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
So the top is a Cad unit and the bottom is a Olds? Whats the difference between the two? I see that TSM say they're only available from them. How does that work?:confused:

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
I have extra caddy springs n stuff, not the el dorado ones though since I sell em complete.... when I can get em...

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I run um. They kick ass, and the parking brake rocks. Ya they have been sittin. I am pulling them cleaning them up and giving them a fresh coat of paint:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
For you guys using the Eldorado calipers on Toyota trucks, how do you get the e-brake to work. The Toyota e-brake cable pulls inwards towards the center of the axle. It looks like the Eldo calipers require a wire pulling forward?

:confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts