Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a set of used spider gears to replace my aussie locker, but apparently I'm still missing a couple components . On top of that, the springs on the aussie locker were sheared off, so I cant put it back in either so I'm kinda in a bind. Anyone have pics of exactly what components are taken out of a rear diff to put in a lunchbox locker? Mines the 8" V6 diff, they should all be the same. Thanks for any info

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
You do know you can get new springs and pins for the aussie locker.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but I can get all new spider gear parts just as fast as I could get the springs. I want to get rid of the locker, I dont wanna spend any more money on it. I just need to know exactly what I need to replace it with.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is what I have now, and I do have the 4 washers also. What else would be missing from this?

·
Registered
218 Posts
You still need the 2 large spiders that the axle splines into. These gears mesh with the gears you have. These gears are used on some lockers but not on the Aussie. The large washers that go under these 2 gears should be in there with your Aussie.

·
Premium Member
29,405 Posts
:confused: Just fix the aussie locker, yeah I know you said you don't want to spend any more money on it, but then you said that the spider gears and the locker pins will be the same price.

Even for a street rig the aussie locker isn't bad.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Well a pic of the v6 carrier isnt going to help much.

That FSM link OOPS posted has everything you need.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys, got everything I needed and I'm back to stock. The FSM was a big help! The reason the locker is coming out is because it absolutely kills my tires, I can't afford to be spending $1100 on tires every year on my DD. This is only temporary, I've been saving up for an e-locked axle that will be going in soon.

Anyone want the aussie? I'm getting new pins and springs for it, I bought it for $289 new, I'll sell it for $225. Anyone that helped me on this thread can have it for $200

1 - 16 of 16 Posts