Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 89 YJ with a 4 banger, K&N airfilter, 2.5 suspension lift, and 31"tires. I don't have the money to switch engine size right now but want some extra HP. So what can I do to get the HP out of this thing using the existing engine, including add on's? Any idea's???

·
Registered
933 Posts
I heard injecting the dry chemical from a fire extinguisher is like fast and furious nitrous for 4 bangers just inject it through the carb on da top. Horsepower and 4cylinders usually don't mix well especially if your rolling coins or tradin your moms foodstamps for the money to do it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude.....what's up with that? Just cuz you don't know, dosn't mean you need to let it be known.
It's like mixing oil in water, I know they don't mix, but that's all I've got to work with. So if you have any more bright idea's let me know.

"It is better to have people THINK your ignorant,
than to open your mouth and confirm it."

·
Registered
156 Posts
pull the restrictor in the air intake tube and get a 4.2 throttle body, then get some kinda free flow cat and muffler.....

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
cherokee kidd said:
I heard injecting the dry chemical from a fire extinguisher is like fast and furious nitrous for 4 bangers just inject it through the carb on da top. Horsepower and 4cylinders usually don't mix well especially if your rolling coins or tradin your moms foodstamps for the money to do it.
Your such a dumbass..... They are EFI :shaking:

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ya when I took the restrictor out of mine it helped allot. I also did a TB spacer. This made a big difference. I used a high flow cat but I think it felt like I had more pep when I used the stock cat and a glass pack you can also get the tube from the front of a 4.0 air box that pulls air in from the front of the box. The throttle body spacer and a glass pack will only set you aside like 120 bills and you can take the restrictors out yourself. As fare as the inlet tube from a 4.0, some old jeep guy told me about that and said that it helps get more air into the box, but I am not sure if that is to true or not. I have two 2.5l and I have the air box mode on one of them and I can’t really feel a difference. And I would go with 4.88 gears so you will be set for 33 when you do a little lift. Don’t know if this helps much but these are just things I have done to my YJ’s that I am happy with.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Find a cheapo turbo, custom your exhaust and intake manifolds, run propane and about 14psi. advance the timing down low a little but reduce it in the top end. Hold on tight you will churning out like 170 horses at that point. Want less power, run less boost.

Soon to breal will be the tranny. Followed by the front axle and then the rear.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
otherground said:
sounds like a good idea but I think I would be better off puting a vortec 4.3 in instead.Right???
You could. It's just fun schooling V6 and V8 rigs with 4 squirrels.

·
Registered
637 Posts
hefty said:
You could. It's just fun schooling V6 and V8 rigs with 4 squirrels.
x2 :eek: :eek: :eek: "What do you have in that thing?" :eek: :eek: :eek:

"2.5 liters of powertech fury!!"

:D :D :D

The SRT neon motor (at least head and manifold and stuff) looks like a direct bolt on from what I saw in the FSMs. At least for the '05 2.4 powertech which is the same motro as the 2.5 in a YJ just some work done.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts