Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what year for R/C D60 shafts interchange. I have a '78 R/C D60 and I want to look for used shafts. I see some later modle ones on Ebay now and agian but do they interchange? Also I have heard that the '78-'79 shafts are undesireable since they neck down. Are there any stock shafts that would fit that do not neck down? Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any ideas on where to find a good deal on the new spicer replacements? There is a dana/spicer dealer about 30 miles from me, they should be able to get them, huh? Didn't really ever think of trying to find new replacements.

Thanks for the info,
Jason

·
Ford Forum Moderator
1,999 Posts
don't know about good deals. You may have to goto one of the more knowledgeable drivetrain shops to find them, because I think the non-neck down shafts are a different part number than the stock shafts, so they won't just show up in a spicer book. I'll do some digging around & see if I can find my reciept for when I bought mine, should have part numbers on there.

·
Registered
465 Posts
The only interchangeable axle shafts from the later RC 60's with yours are the outer stubs (due to different center section placement). Just order the correct part numbers for your inner shafts from Spicer and you will get the larger diameter (non-neck down) ones. They don't make the spindly ones any more (since about 1980)! :D

inner right 660182-10
inner left 660182-11

Those numbers SHOULD be correct for your application. Should be about $200-$250 for both. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much for the info. $200 or so is a pretty good deal.

Thanks again.

Jason

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hey Wicked, can you confirm that your inner shafts DO neck down??? Also, when you get your spares let me know what part numbers you used and if they neck down or not. I am thinking about getting me some too.

Thanks
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't pulled the shafts yet, but by the end of next week they will be pulled for the locker install/u-joint replacement/wheelbearing replacement/axle seal replacement/ect... That you have to do when you buy a 20+ year old axle. I will keep you posted on if they really do neck down or not and I will let you know what the spicer dealer nearby says about shafts.

Later,
Jason

1 - 10 of 10 Posts