Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing them on ebay, and they look like a really good deal, but I have no idea about their quality or performance. Anyone have some experience with them?

·
Registered
300 Posts
The quality on the Joyners is very China the welds are awefull on every one that I have seen. I know that a few of them have tried to compete at whiplash races in AZ and to my knowlege none have finished.They sell a chit load of them though because they are so cheap. I suppose if you are really strapped for coin and you are not going to beat on it too hard they might be okay as an entry level off road toy. I think a used Rhino or Ranger would be a better value though.

BS JX

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, guys, though I'm guessing rox4daz may have been drinking at the time he wrote his :) I decided on a Ranger, and I'm picking it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
funny i just found this thread. i'm actually working on one of these for a guy. we are adding "rocker protection"

i drove it down the street. they seem pretty underpowered. its an interesting concept. i like the selectable lockers front and rear. i think if there was more power, better welds, and better gauges, it would be perfect.

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
I saw one at a local park. Looked cool but never rated the quality... But it ran , and seemed quick. Also didn't get stuck to much.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
here is the one i worked on.

they are pretty underpowered. but look cool.

stock

added rocker protection

·
Registered
313 Posts
The best part about it is you can get them with manual Trans, and nobody makes them!!! I'm planning on buying one in the near future. The only thing that stops me now is finding a dealer in NorCal…

·
Registered
286 Posts
Buddies dad bought one at an equipment auction to resale. 800cc with a manual 4spd. Looked cool but it was junk. Quality is junk. Broke a rear axle pulling out in grass in first gear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They are junk, like others have said....They are cheap and YOU will get what you paid for.....CHEAP CHINA $hit....BTW my brother has a 1100cc Sand Viper with Kings in them. We been through the whole wire harness because of poor design and bad grounds!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think you bought a knock off then. The one we have is not underpowered at all. Perhaps to those looking for one compared to a full tube race buggy sure. They are heavy but lots of fun to drive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
JMC is Joyners new american distrubitor

Lets make sure that you guys are talking apples to apples , not apples to oranges. First of all the joyner vehicles manufactured before 09 had issues. But they have corrected over 1500 isues on the vehicles on the curent models. I have worked for joyner for the past 4 year and can say that the quality of vehicles are @ par if not better than anything coming out of japan.

Now the trooper is a hell of a lot faster than any other vehicle in its catagory. the stock unit has 86 hp with a 5 speed manual transmission and dose 65 mph. and sells for $10,999.00 new . the axles are 1 inch thick not the size of a pensle like the rxr or rhino . Sure the vehicle is heaver but they are made of steel and aluminum not from plastic . Now you tell me how much you have to spend before your rzr or rhino can go 65 mph. and how many spare CVT belt do you have to take along with you on a ride when you go out in your rubber band drive UTV.
and how many deaths where caused by rhino roll overs. we dont have that problem because of our low center of gravaty but we still maintane a 12inch ground clearance.we also use a criss cross brake system to prevent brake lock up and loss of controle under heavy braking.
If you would like to check us out visit us @ www.jmcmotors.us

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I agree with you exept the rhino roll overs. Most of those were dumb asses and its a great way for natural selection to get rid of them!! They joyners i see up here seem to be ok but i have heard of alot of little problems.

Lets make sure that you guys are talking apples to apples , not apples to oranges. First of all the joyner vehicles manufactured before 09 had issues. But they have corrected over 1500 isues on the vehicles on the curent models. I have worked for joyner for the past 4 year and can say that the quality of vehicles are @ par if not better than anything coming out of japan.

Now the trooper is a hell of a lot faster than any other vehicle in its catagory. the stock unit has 86 hp with a 5 speed manual transmission and dose 65 mph. and sells for $10,999.00 new . the axles are 1 inch thick not the size of a pensle like the rxr or rhino . Sure the vehicle is heaver but they are made of steel and aluminum not from plastic . Now you tell me how much you have to spend before your rzr or rhino can go 65 mph. and how many spare CVT belt do you have to take along with you on a ride when you go out in your rubber band drive UTV.
and how many deaths where caused by rhino roll overs. we dont have that problem because of our low center of gravaty but we still maintane a 12inch ground clearance.we also use a criss cross brake system to prevent brake lock up and loss of controle under heavy braking.

·
Registered
486 Posts

Wow - I hope you knocked on wood before you said that about Joyners not having a roll-over problem. Gotta tell you, we have had some Joyners in our shop, and we were never impressed. Top speed alone will not sell a machine to most people I know - there has to be some quality thrown in there somewhere. They are OK machines, but certainly not up to top OEM standards.....for the $$, I'll stick with Yamaha, Polaris and Kawasaki......

·
Registered
313 Posts
The only things that pulls me into buying a Joyner is it is a true Manual unlike others $H!7...There is something about using the clutch and changing when you require. The only thing that stops me from buying Joyner is "Made in .....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts