Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
NY sucks, try Michigan.

If you must be in NY, I'm near Canandaigua. The taxes, weather, roads, jobs, gun laws and government suck, but the bugs are a manageable size. You don't run into too many poisonous critters or large carnivores that want to eat you. Deer are good sized and the fishing is good if you like trout, bass or walleye.

Got any specific questions?

think it could be any worse the Commiefornia??

State doesn't matter - ok to pm you questions?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
You need to ask yourself; how much do you like snow, and how much do you like bitter cold winds that will cut you in two? If 8' of snow in a few hours is right up your alley, then 12" each day after that for a week or more...that area might be for you.

You couldn't pay me enough to move to New York, winter issues aside.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
i am in cny, little town of elbridge, 20 min west of Syracuse, all farm land. taxes are meh,
if it was not for a crappy government, the place would be a great place to live.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Alexandria Bay looks ok....not bad housing prices....
its only 4 hrs away from buffalo
Actually, if you crossed over on the Thousand Islands bridge and went to Oshawa on the north side of the lake, its not as close (167 miles)as Buffalo or Niagra Falls, NY would be.(119 miles)....but a lot less traffic. 401 through Toronto is a nightmare at the best of times

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Actually, if you crossed over on the Thousand Islands bridge and went to Oshawa on the north side of the lake, its not as close (167 miles)as Buffalo or Niagra Falls, NY would be.(119 miles)....but a lot less traffic. 401 through Toronto is a nightmare at the best of times
it is so much fun going through customs every day. did it for 6 months.....it sucks

21 - 30 of 30 Posts