Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone point me where to buy bolt-on rear disc brake kit for '88 runner utilising its front IFS brake calipers? Since i have '9x toyota hilux whole front axle assembly complete with brakes for SAS, so i'd like to use my existing front brkes to do rear brake conversion. Even bought FZJ-80 master brake cylinder with built-in proportioning valve.

Thanks!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Im pretty sure there arent any kits using the ifs calipers, I guess you could always fab up some brackets. I'd just go with the sky-manufactoring or all-pro kit.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Front Range makes a rear FF/disc conversion that uses GM calipers with integrated e-brake. You can modify it to use Toy brakes if you want to. It think that's what we are going to do on our Tacoma.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i think the problem with using the calipers you mention is that they are made for a full float axle that would have very little "wobble" in the rotor. the monte calipers and eldo calipers work because they are floating calipers that compensate for the slight wobble that occurs with the ever so slightly bent axle shafts of a semi floater. The full float calipers would hang on the rotors because they don't float. I THINK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts