Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got back from visiting my wife's family in the Hudson Valley area of New York. It is amazing country up there. I was curious if there's any legal off-roading up there? We really are looking for trail riding, not so much crazy rock crawling.

We went up into the Adirondack area, and saw quite a few logging trucks. Not sure if the logging roads are open to public access though?

·
bobbing for fries
1,879 Posts
The short answer is no. If it's not designated as a road by the DEC you shouldn't be there.

All of our trail rides are held on private property, with the land owners permission.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fair enough.

The riding you guys do, is it rock crawling or trail riding? Are your trail rides open to others if we were to donate to your club?

My wife's family is based in Salem (about an hour north of Albany). We go to visit anyway, would just love to explore some of that area while we're up there.

·
bobbing for fries
1,879 Posts
There are plenty of seasonal dirt roads all over NY if you are into exploring. I usually find that more enjoyable than an organized trail ride anyway. You can go at your own pace and explore what looks interesting that day. Most of the seasonal roads are marked as such, although in logging areas it's easy to get lost and end up someplace you shouldn't be.

There is also Tin TeePee and Mettowee Offroad a little North of Albany.

We are holding a charity event on September 15 in Martinsburg that is open to the public with a mix of stock friendly trail riding to rock crawling.

Twisted Axles 4X4 Club – Come get Twisted with us!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts