Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
You'd think buying the bta. File would be alittle cheaper:mad3: I'd spend 200$ for it but not 300:(

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I have wheeled with the DirtBuilt rigs and they are worth the $$$. Top notch rigs and they know their stuff. (and great guys)

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
$300 doesnt seem like too bad of a deal to me.... I wouldnt sell my BT file for my Lo-budget Pimpin chassis that cheap....

Your very first chassis built from scratch and your own design isnt gonna be nearly as nice as the examples above......maybe it will... but I doubt it....there is a learning curve that takes a few complete rig builds to get the look and the performance....just my .02!!! :grinpimp:

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Your very first chassis built from scratch and your own design isnt gonna be nearly as nice as the examples above...
I've finished up, worked on, or reworked enough "first time" buggy builds to know that this is the absolute truth. There is so much that goes into a complete car that almost nobody realizes until their second or 3rd car that the first timers are usually not too hard to spot. $300 is chump change for the kind of experience and design knowledge you're buying.

·
Gravity Works!
30,943 Posts
I've finished up, worked on, or reworked enough "first time" buggy builds to know that this is the absolute truth. There is so much that goes into a complete car that almost nobody realizes until their second or 3rd car that the first timers are usually not too hard to spot. $300 is chump change for the kind of experience and design knowledge you're buying.
I have to agree ^ I'm in that second chassis Ground up phase of learning. I've done a ton of searching on here picking up all kinds of great info. Really to the point of too much, so many good buggy builds on here it makes it tough to sort out all the ideas :laughing:

I wouldn't sell plans for less then $300 knowing all the details that go into a build - especially a really good designed chassis. I think I'd just buy someones chassis already built before buying their plans and build it if I went that route.

·
Registered
416 Posts
if your building a buggy of that level, what is $300? if $300 breaks the budget don't even start a buggy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts