Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying do decide the paint scheme on my hummer rims. They have been reback spaced, so there is a significant lip on the outside.

I was wondering if I should do the ring gray to match the rig, and leave the center black, or paint that gray too?

Does anyone have pics...I would be real interested in seeing some.

Thanks

Ryan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,362 Posts
shaker posted a pic of his in black and grey a few days ago an another thread.

here's mine.................



 

·
nice roach.
Joined
·
5,722 Posts
StupidTrooper said:
shaker posted a pic of his in black and grey a few days ago an another thread.

here's mine.................




Dammitt Matt get a truck sitting on those things already!!!!!! :D :flipoff2: :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,362 Posts
patience grasshopper :flipoff2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,362 Posts
this is the red...this shit kicks all other spray paint's ass :D
 

Attachments

·
thhhpptthh!
Joined
·
46,718 Posts
these are Shaker's off this board. IMHO best lookin hummer rims ever.. :D
 

Attachments

·
thhhpptthh!
Joined
·
46,718 Posts
Daniel said:
:idea:... :idea: :idea:

All rims from now on will be painted silver :)


why not give a discounted option for no paint daniel. I know for the rims we just got from you no paint would be cool.. just so we dont have to worry about stripping and re-painting.

Dont want to have some stoopid reaction of us puttin an enamal over your laquer or something of that sort you know??
 

·
thhhpptthh!
Joined
·
46,718 Posts
Daniel said:
you can just have them primer you know.....
uhm.... nope.. didnt know that :(


I'll e-mail you to discuss further ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,423 Posts
sceep said:
these are Shaker's off this board. IMHO best lookin hummer rims ever.. :D
Awesome!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like sceeps...but how do you think this will look?

Keep the inside gray just like his, make the outer ring gray, then the little edge...the surface the outer ring bolts to....make that black??? So, it will be gray, a pinstrip of black, a gray center.

Is that dumb?

I was also thinking of flip floping his color scheme...gray ring, black inner...

What do you think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
806 Posts
well that ******* bastard tried to copy me .....hahahahaha

mine are reverse of shakers' the outer shells are silver instead,the only thing is i cant post them up here :confused:

anyone.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TJ7 Send them to me! [email protected]

I will get them up....I was thinking of going that color!!!!

Send them soon, please!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
question on paint choice since i am planning on doing mine soon. in your pic you showed a can of enamel. i always thought that laquer would be a better choice for this application sicne the chance of oils and other solvents stripping the paint. am i way off? thanks, scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,079 Posts
tj7 said:
well that ******* bastard tried to copy me .....hahahahaha

mine are reverse of shakers' the outer shells are silver instead,the only thing is i cant post them up here :confused:

anyone.....

Buy a red "star" you cheap ass.....:flipoff2: :D I know what you need for that 14 now.....I'll get them for you you lazy kanuk....:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,079 Posts
slopoke said:
question on paint choice since i am planning on doing mine soon. in your pic you showed a can of enamel. i always thought that laquer would be a better choice for this application sicne the chance of oils and other solvents stripping the paint. am i way off? thanks, scott
I used the Rustoleum "Hammerite" silver-black for my rims 4 good coats with a day to dry between coats.....yes I only wanted to do this right the 1st time.......It was hard looking at new 39 Boggers and resisting the urge to mount them ASAP....:D
 
1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Top