Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
allpro's states that their rear bumper for an 84-89 runner will not allow me to get at my tire underneath. i don't want to put the tire on top or inside since it is a DD most the time. anybody figure out a way to still keep the tire under there and access it?

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
surlynkid said:
allpro's states that their rear bumper for an 84-89 runner will not allow me to get at my tire underneath. i don't want to put the tire on top or inside since it is a DD most the time. anybody figure out a way to still keep the tire under there and access it?
You might be able to get a deflated 27" tire under there but I don't think anything larger will fit. We are hoping to have a rear tire carrier version of the bumper but I don't have a time on this yet.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks chris. i got the impression that i would not be able to get that rod in there to lower it, but it sounds like the bumper brackets just take up the space that the tire needs. if you make one just like it with a swing-away, i'll buy it. just add spaces for jerrycan, hilift, etc.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
It's not the brackets. It's the reciever and the two gussets. This thing is a lot stouter than it has any right to be. I've winched a rig backwards up a 45 degree incline, where the rear bumper was anchoring both our rigs, and dealt some serious snatch-strap recoveries with it. Think 4HI, 2ND gear, bumper-to-bumper, dump the clutch at 3K, and run for 30 feet till the strap goes taut & slams you against the seatbelt. ;)

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
And thats how you break u joints.;)

Think 4HI, 2ND gear, bumper-to-bumper, dump the clutch at 3K, and run for 30 feet till the strap goes taut & slams you against the seatbelt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts