Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to slap a high flow conical on the air tube. I want to try to find one that will accomodate a precharger for dust.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey cm"Got no Precharger"k

I appreciate the post, but when I went to the K&N website (Thanks SweetCJ7), I didn't see a precharger listed for the RU-3610 part #.

Do you run a precharger on yours (Foam filter overlay for dust) ?

Somebody must have a combo that works. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Go to Sears and find a foam filter for a Shop Vac that will fit the 3610 ... same thing.

Otherwise don't bother with it. I've never run a pre-filter-charger whatever the gell they call it. The filter will stay relatively clean unless you sink your rig up to the headlights in muck like I did just before that picture was taken.

Even when they do get dirty, they take less than 10 minutes of work to clean and reoil ... soak it overnight in a strong solution of Simple Green. The next morning, brush off the ook and rinse it out. Stuff it in a heater vent and crank the thermostat .. it will dry in about 10 minutes. Shoot it with some fresh oil and you're good to go.

Funny, but everything I do to mine is exactly what K&N tells you NOT to do.

cm "death to the vermin" k

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here's my combo...

Here's the actual filter only...

My filter is the K&N RE0930, unfortunatley I can't remember the precharger part number, but it fit's tight as a gloove.

Paul B

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks PaulB - Nice Pics.

The pre charger number for the RE-0930 is a 22-8033PK. It was on the K&N website. Call me anal, but I've heard too many horror stories about dirt & dust in the throttle body that I want to have the precharger.

One thing that is interesting:

cmk used the RU-3610 which has a 2 3/4" ID mounting flange and Paul B used the RE-0930 which has a 3" ID mounting flange. Your air tubes must be different. Do you both have stock air tubes?

·
Registered
17 Posts
orbicat, you can see in my picture that the rubber coupling on the filter is being pulled in to the air tube, a 1/4" is not that much of a difference. So, yes, I have the stock air tube.

Paul B

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
orbitcat said:
cmk used the RU-3610 which has a 2 3/4" ID mounting flange and Paul B used the RE-0930 which has a 3" ID mounting flange. Your air tubes must be different. Do you both have stock air tubes?
The 2-3/4" i.d. fits the stock tube like a glove, any smaller and you would have a hard time getting it on the pipe.

cm "have never found contaminants in my TB" k

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a K&N on my 250R, and I bought these things called filter skinz. They keep small particles out, and since I have 3 of them, you can change them while your on the trail, if you go through some dusty areas. They are key for riding in sand pits.

Unfortunately, I havent seen them for anything but atv and dirt bike size k&n's. All it is, is nylon material, like stalkings. You can use some of those to do the same thing. You can "double bag it" or even tripple.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts