Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody have any idea how to chop the rear section of a 89 xj im wanting to make it look liek a bronco top (ya know what im talkin about) any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its my daily driver i want to put a soft top on the rear of it but i need to knwo how to do it so i can tell the guys at tn offroad what i want

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
XJ= unit body wouldnt you want to cage it or some shat if you are gonna remove a big hunk of sheet metal?
also i believe Can-back will make custom soft tops for you, so will places that do work on sailing/pleasure boats

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
yeah, it is bad ass and I'm gonna buy it as soon as I get done with school.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Be a real man and chop the whole thing off:flipoff2:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I don't see why you put a cage in that fawker! :flipoff2:

Jes

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
Search for : eek :, borton, or brent orton. His XJ is the coolest:D

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Jes, thanks for stickin' one in there with hooked to the help line:flipoff2:

Easy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that would be it(the red one) but im havin a differant cage put in it i dunno about the hole thing though i sorta want it to look like a 4 door wrangler i was thinkin about chopin the hoel top off and putting on half doors with the clothe top on it but im not sure i still want to be able to use it as a daily driver i dont want to tell tehm what to i want done and have them (figure it out) cause then if they fawk up what will i do

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, you certainly should do A LOT of research before you attempt this. you need to figure out what you are going to do with the top before you figure out where you want to cut. I would recomend this for a 2 door, otherwise it will have to be tiny like that red one. You Do not want to mess with the door structures, trust me on this, especially with a unibody. You will want the entire structure to be extensively braced before any cutting is done so nothing settles or shifts when it is cut. This will not be a cheap deal if you have someone do it for you, especially if you have it done correct with body work etc.

-Jer

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
chop

Hey, I thought about doing this for a while too. But, realized I didn't really have the time for it. But, get on NAXJA look for a guy named Beezil. He has a really cool rig, and sent me lots of pics of his project. Good luck. DAve

1 - 20 of 40 Posts