Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
ok but im still tyrin to decide should i just do the back or should i try to go with a 4door wrangler look? i have the cage designed for it already

weasel it says site cannot be found

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Here's Beezil's hackback...

...and Borton's...

...Goatman's reincarnation after he rolled it on Jackhammer...

...a cage is going in it as I type.
Search for Beezil, Borton, or Goatman at http://www.naxja.org/bbs/tech.cgi

Jes

·
Registered
28 Posts
PHSJeeper said:
ok but im still tyrin to decide should i just do the back or should i try to go with a 4door wrangler look? i have the cage designed for it already

weasel it says site cannot be found
what is the 4 door wrangle look? I don't undertand what that means.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
ive seen pictures somewhere of a 4 door wrangler ive never actaully seen on eon the road it might have been a photoshop or a yota with a wrangler front end i dunno thx for the sites

·
Registered
28 Posts
I undertsand what a 4 door wrangler looks/ would look like. What I don't undertand is what that means when applied to a Cherokee... That's where you are loosing me. They are two completely different bodies.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
well what i mean by that is from the doors back i want to have half doors, a soft top, tailgate, swing out tire carrier and a roll cage. something to that extent

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
PHSJeeper said:
well what i mean by that is from the doors back i want to have half doors, a soft top, tailgate, swing out tire carrier and a roll cage. something to that extent
That would be alot of work and will cost you a fortune since you can't do the work yourself. Sounds like you're getting way ahead of yourself, who didn't when they were young though? Save your dimes, lift it, lock it, wheel it and when you reach the limits of what it will do then start dreaming.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wes in TN said:

That would be alot of work and will cost you a fortune since you can't do the work yourself. Sounds like you're getting way ahead of yourself, who didn't when they were young though? Save your dimes, lift it, lock it, wheel it and when you reach the limits of what it will do then start dreaming.
Seriously... I agree.
For what you want to do, especially since you can't do it yourself and no kits exist, the price to do it so it doesn't just suck, would be very very high, I'd almost guarantee more than the price of the Jeep. If you want something topless, you'd SAVE money by just getting a CJ/ Wrangler. I strongly discourage you from attempting this project.

-Jer

·
Registered
308 Posts
o.k. so I'm a little tardy to this thread.

Wes in TN said:

I wish that I had found this thread before I hacked the top off of my 84 2-door, this may have given me a little more insight as to what to expect. Still more work to come. By the way, I have not noticed any loss of rigidity, doors still open fine under full flex, handles sidehills better and it corners a lot better on-highway without all that weight on top.
Weasel, I loved the photos of the red XJ. Thanx.

edit: Do lots of measuring, and when you have measured up everything, measure it again. Get everything from step one onto paper, computer etc. and your job will go a lot easier. Having all the right tools ahead of time will save a few headaches as well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I can't believe you all skipped the very first "notchback".

Mine!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wasn't that thing on BayWatch???

Looks alot like this pink one, but without hubcaps :flipoff2:

:flipoff2:

Sometimes execution is more important than being first.

·
Registered
308 Posts
A lot of four-door chop-tops, does anybody have any two-door hack-em-offs? I'd send pics of mine but no pics yet. I also just picked up a Hobart handler 120 today so that I can get my project back underway.

·
Registered
434 Posts
21 - 40 of 40 Posts