Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody running the new Accel fuel injection? If so, what do you think about it? I am considering it for the new motor, but would like some feedback before throwing down the money. I am using a Howell TBI setup now. I am happy with it, I am just looking for more tuneability.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there someone you would recommend that I call about ordering a system? I have tried both Summit and Jeg's, with no luck (yeah, I know better). It is going on a 12:1, small intake port (200cc) aluminum head, .500 lift, 230 [email protected] .050" cam, 406 cid. Trying to build a rockcrawling torque monster that still has good HP. Most of the factory based and even most of the aftermarket kits top out at 450 HP. I am hoping for a little more than that. Thanks for your help.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I have learned leaded fuel and O2 sensors don't mix. I have several places around here that sell un-leaded race fuel up to 116 octane. Can you tell me more about the dual sync distributor? I was wanting to run sequential fire, but thought I needed a cam sensor.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The racing fuel isn't too bad, a little over $5 a gallon. I probably don't use but 10-12 gallons per event. I talked to Robert at Force Fuel Inj today. He really knows his stuff. If anyone else needs help, call him. Thanks to all for your help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.