Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about driving down for a weekend for a road trip this summer, any comments. web site has some good pics. any body ever been there? thanks. Pat

·
Registered
79 Posts
Pat... there are lots of guys down here that run the Tressel, as well as a chunk of property next to the tressel, that Curly and Chelsey own with trails all over it... Check out Greatlakes4x4.com or PM rzmod (Randy) for more information...

·
Registered
22 Posts
add me( andrew pozzebon) on facebook if u got it, i have lots of pictures of wheeling up here... like big bird said we`ve been wheeling curlys property lots and cutting abunch of new trails....between the two attached propertys you could wheel for days without hittting the same obstacle...that is, if you dont break first hahah..... let us know when your coming! we try to get out almost every weekend ! lol

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, can`t say I will be there every weekend but will be planing a trip down as soon as i can. I don`t know a yj and a sammy, I don`t want to be on recovery all the time LOL... thanks for the invite.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Looking to go here (Echo Bay, Ontario) on June 18th....

And anyone is welcome.... Andrew... Ask any of the guys up at Tressel or Curly's if they want to go... The more the Merrier... Lots of room to park truck/trailer combos etc...

·
Registered
22 Posts
will do! ill spread the word...if theres afew guys going, i definetly wouldnt mind making the trek since ive never been there yet !

·
Registered
79 Posts
There are a group of mild build wheelers going..., but there is stuff for everyone... You go where you want... probably 30-40 acres of bald rock... My brother took his rig to Moab a couple of years ago, and he said this is as close to it for wheelin around this area...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
man i cant wait to get back to canada. come on diesel prices. drop drop drop

·
Registered
120 Posts
So I've tried calling the number on Offroad North American and it doesn't go to the park (some recycling company); I'm planning on making the trip up this weekend and wanted to make sure I'd be able to get in. It's a long drive from Toronto to arrive and find a closed park!

How does it work up there? I read everything on the (outdated) website and it looks like you pay $20 per rig and go.

Hopefully they're not tight on the winch rule; I have one, but my brother's Rubicon doesn't. I don't see why they wouldn't let us in as long as one of us has one..

Does anyone have a contact number to call? They don't seem to reply to the email on their website..

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
im guessing you are already gone and on your way. if its not open just look for any built jeep in town and they will show you around some great trails until you find curly. if you have any issues pm me and ill see if i can get somebodys # for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
yeah ofcourse the park is open. its actualy private property, and the people that own it also own a recycling company. ask for charlene or randy and they will set you straight. and there not tight on any rules. no whinch is fine, its just not suggested lol with two rigs you will be fine tho. pm me and i can email you and give you some more details and we can get a group together as i leave only afew minutes from there. the property has expanded huge lately and there is now other people who own a property right beside that park. those are the people you want to contact. curly watt(justsouthofsanity) again pm me if you need info.
hopefuly you come up! its well worth the 8 hour drive

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for the responses everyone.

Ended up heading down to Rausch Creek to wheel Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Love it there.

When I called the number on Offroad North America I did get the voicemail of the recycling company; it all makes sense now!

I'm still planning on heading up there, might be in the fall now, I'll definitely hit you up samurai.guy when the time comes. It'd be cool to get a group together and check the place out with people who know it!

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts