Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my steering done and I'm jonesing to go wheeling! I am booked the next two weekends with other obligations but after that I wanna play.

RCAA will be in Reno in a few weeks...wheel and watch?

Snow?

Other ideas?

·
Registered
705 Posts
I'll be in north Cow tomorrow shootin'....but I think I'm drivin' my Chevy:p

·
Registered
705 Posts
Gotta be back in Windsor by 4:30pm

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
scwafish said:
I've got my steering done and I'm jonesing to go wheeling! I am booked the next two weekends with other obligations but after that I wanna play.

RCAA will be in Reno in a few weeks...wheel and watch?

Snow?

Other ideas?
Yep, ill be there, faxed my entry in already :D

We are going down thursday for tech and then going wheelin on friday:D

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Reno? Moonrocks? That's close enough for me!

Hey, it might be just time for that RingR get together..

I'm wanting to do one good snow run, but with the lack of anything even close to snow..

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Where you going wheeling on Friday? This sounds promising, I can be there on Thurs too. I'll remember to bring the beer that beotch Poppy lost for me!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I live in Reno

I live here in Reno and I'll go.

i know a few trails real close to town and hopefully, i'll find a few more soon. some guys from one of the local shops are heading out soon to what they said, "was an un-real" trail. and, from looking at there vehicles it IS.

there is a small 1/2 mile trail (that takes 2-4 hours) that is about 200yds off of pavement that is just a real kick. really close to a great Mexican-Baja restaurant too. you even get to drive over an abondon Ford Falcon (monster truck sytle, ye-ha).

Moon rocks is great, but won't they be starting to set up on friday. i think last year they ran the "stock" clase on friday or something. i know there was something going on out there.

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Re: I live in Reno

bdacus said:
I live here in Reno and I'll go.

i know a few trails real close to town and hopefully, i'll find a few more soon. some guys from one of the local shops are heading out soon to what they said, "was an un-real" trail. and, from looking at there vehicles it IS.

there is a small 1/2 mile trail (that takes 2-4 hours) that is about 200yds off of pavement that is just a real kick. really close to a great Mexican-Baja restaurant too. you even get to drive over an abondon Ford Falcon (monster truck sytle, ye-ha).

Moon rocks is great, but won't they be starting to set up on friday. i think last year they ran the "stock" clase on friday or something. i know there was something going on out there.
Just found out that the comp is friday and saturday....

Ill be able to wheel on sunday and thats it...we wont be in reno till late thursday..

·
Registered
734 Posts
Re: I live in Reno

bdacus said:
you even get to drive over an abondon Ford Falcon (monster truck sytle, ye-ha).
The Falcon is pushed over to the side now, so you don't really get to drive on it anymore. I suppose you COULD aim for it, but I like to keep my expensive rubber away from sharp sheet-metal. That trail is pretty awesome. Last time we were on it there was a fan through the radiator, a bent tie-rod, and my t-case split apart. It's fun, but I know of a few better trails.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ZUks in Reno-Bdacus or Fe...pick a day and some trails and I'm there. It would be great if we could get a little zuk thing that weekend. I'll be yelling for Rude at moonrocks the other day. Seriously...book it!

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
scwafish said:
ZUks in Reno-Bdacus or Fe...pick a day and some trails and I'm there. It would be great if we could get a little zuk thing that weekend. I'll be yelling for Rude at moonrocks the other day. Seriously...book it!
Im game lets do it, everyone game for wheelin on sunday??

i could use a little lettin loose after a comp!!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
April 13th works for me!

looks good to me. already had planned on being at the moonrocks event (not competing, tried that last year; a little to wild for me, i hate that REALLY steep and off camber stuff).

FeCamel,
what are your ideas on trails? since i assume some if not all will be trailering, starting at the base of Peavine (7th St. pits area) may work. i would guess 4-6 hours would satisfy most since they will be driving home that afternoon/evening as well. have you been out in Hidden Valley area? that is where those other trails i heard about are. call me sometime, cell: 240-3738

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Re: April 13th works for me!

bdacus said:
looks good to me. already had planned on being at the moonrocks event (not competing, tried that last year; a little to wild for me, i hate that REALLY steep and off camber stuff).

FeCamel,
what are your ideas on trails? since i assume some if not all will be trailering, starting at the base of Peavine (7th St. pits area) may work. i would guess 4-6 hours would satisfy most since they will be driving home that afternoon/evening as well. have you been out in Hidden Valley area? that is where those other trails i heard about are. call me sometime, cell: 240-3738

Where ever! I think ill be staying in Boom town that weekend at a friends house....How far is moon rocks from there?

Where would we meet up?

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
What's the weather like up there like?

I don't care about the comp.. but would like to wheel some.

·
Registered
343 Posts
more

RudeZuk,

Moon Rocks is about 45 minutes at least from boomtown. it's not far, just by the time you go down the few miles of dirt road and out through Spanish Springs it takes time.

The Peavine area, and actually Peavine Mtn. is the larger mountain to the NE behind boomtown. basically between boomtown and reno.

Tdavis,
the weather the last few days is almost 70F, spring like. should be good by April 13th, but you never know. it rained on us off/on durring tech last year (friday) and was hotter than hell and all sun on Saturday/Sunday. Spring weather in Reno is always questionable. i have been snowed on in town all the way up to June 3rd and saw people in shorts today.

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Re: more

bdacus said:
RudeZuk,

Moon Rocks is about 45 minutes at least from boomtown. it's not far, just by the time you go down the few miles of dirt road and out through Spanish Springs it takes time.

The Peavine area, and actually Peavine Mtn. is the larger mountain to the NE behind boomtown. basically between boomtown and reno.

Tdavis,
the weather the last few days is almost 70F, spring like. should be good by April 13th, but you never know. it rained on us off/on durring tech last year (friday) and was hotter than hell and all sun on Saturday/Sunday. Spring weather in Reno is always questionable. i have been snowed on in town all the way up to June 3rd and saw people in shorts today.
Thanks, sent you a PM....

1 - 20 of 71 Posts