Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Reno? Moonrocks? That's close enough for me!

Hey, it might be just time for that RingR get together..

I'm wanting to do one good snow run, but with the lack of anything even close to snow..

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
What's the weather like up there like?

I don't care about the comp.. but would like to wheel some.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
If it's saturday and sunday wheeling, I'm considering coming up for it.

I have to trailer, since the zuk is totally illegal for street use (tires sticking out, blah, blah, blah..)

I'd need to find a place to stay - any cheap hotels/motels that are secure? Don't want everything stolen out of the zuk at night..

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Is this at the intersection of Kings Blvd and North McCarren Blvd?

I can find that on Yahoo! maps easily.

If it's just sunday, I'll just get up early (about 4am) and tow up for the day from Pinole (3hr drv normally.. so I'm estimating 4 hrs with a trailer, give or take some)

I will need to trailer as close to the trail head as possible.. The zuk isn't a street vehicle.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I'll be a GO for sure on Sunday. I don't have problems driving a mile or two to the trail - I just don't do it fast. The Zuk only has a 1.3EFI in it, and the dual toys don't have an overdrive in high-high, and it has other problems that limit my speed (death wobble, don't want to temp the high pinion rear to blow out).

I'm game also for coming up saturday morning, wheeling in the afternoon, and having a zuk dinner saturday night.. but I'm a looking for a hotel with good lot security (probably should just bite the bullet, and check into the hilton, since that place will probably be full of 4x4's.)

I also know nothing about Reno, other than it's a place on the map in Nevada, and I've driven through it several times on I80. :D

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Well, thought about it.. I'm staying here, going to wire up the elocker in the rear, and work more on the tranny tunnel.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Tintop said:
what axle do you ahve the E locker for? What are you thoughts on it? How much did it cost? They have one for sammy axles yet?
toyota elocker, for the rear. See http://www.inchwormgear.com for more info on cost.

There is no elocker for zuk axles.

The weather forcast is the other reason - I have no desire to find out how my F150 and the zuk on the trailer works in ice/snow. Yea, the f150 is 4wd, and I hit some snow/ice/deep water in feb, and it wasn't fun at all.. I was worried to death about the trailer coming around and doing one of them tail wagging things..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts