Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
FAWK!!! :mad: The fawking weather is not looking good again for this weekend! Snow over the pass. I am fawking pissed!!! :mad: :mad:

I will be there if the weather holds up but trailering over the pass is not happening for me! FAWK!!!

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Well, thought about it.. I'm staying here, going to wire up the elocker in the rear, and work more on the tranny tunnel.

·
Registered
915 Posts
what axle do you ahve the E locker for? What are you thoughts on it? How much did it cost? They have one for sammy axles yet?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I may not get there sat. until late, but I will be there sunday at the trailhead unless the weather gets too shitty over the pass. Car trailer+Excursion+Snow=:eek:

Bdacus do you have a cell? Or can I PM you my cell in case I miss you guys sat.?

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Tintop said:
what axle do you ahve the E locker for? What are you thoughts on it? How much did it cost? They have one for sammy axles yet?
toyota elocker, for the rear. See http://www.inchwormgear.com for more info on cost.

There is no elocker for zuk axles.

The weather forcast is the other reason - I have no desire to find out how my F150 and the zuk on the trailer works in ice/snow. Yea, the f150 is 4wd, and I hit some snow/ice/deep water in feb, and it wasn't fun at all.. I was worried to death about the trailer coming around and doing one of them tail wagging things..

·
Registered
343 Posts
Scwafish, and to anyone else:

my cell is 240-3738

i think it works out at moonrocks if i remember right. anyhow, if not, leave a message on the voice mail. you can call it anytime, i always have it.

------------------

the weather really does seem to be an issue. if it helps to anyone, Moonrocks is away from the mountains and does not get the "shadow" affect like even Reno does. the forcast could very well be bad in the mountains and the weather be "ok" out there. it's just a matter of getting over the pass.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Thanks bdacus...I'm ready to go its all about the weather now. I'll keep ya posted.

·
Registered
343 Posts
to all

the weather report is a little better now for reno. calling just for clouds. it's just a matter if you get over the pass. anyway i'm still up for it.

talked to Shane (rudezuk) out at summit today durring the Tech Inspection. he is unsure if he can make it for some reason (don't remember)

if there are any questions whether to "just" come out and check the event out i would HIGHLY recommend it. EVERYONE is there with all the NEW BAD ASS stuff. rigs like you wouldn't believe. this sport is WAY HIGH TECH THIS YEAR. big names and big sponsors. there are so many rigs i don't know how they are going to let them all run. many of these rigs are "first time out" ones. not a scratch on them. Spidertrax has a bithin' new rear/mid engine buggy. only 2120 pounds. they actually have to add 80lbs to meet the minimum 2200lb mark. a few others i can remember are:

Avalanche
Shaffer
Badlands
Waker Evans (the new independent)
Currie
and on, and on.....

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Re: to all

I may still be coming out with just the kids and the D/D to at least watch the event. I will leave it up to the Friday night weather report to decide if I will bring the rig or not.

bdacus said:
the weather report is a little better now for reno. calling just for clouds. it's just a matter if you get over the pass. anyway i'm still up for it.

talked to Shane (rudezuk) out at summit today durring the Tech Inspection. he is unsure if he can make it for some reason (don't remember)

if there are any questions whether to "just" come out and check the event out i would HIGHLY recommend it. EVERYONE is there with all the NEW BAD ASS stuff. rigs like you wouldn't believe. this sport is WAY HIGH TECH THIS YEAR. big names and big sponsors. there are so many rigs i don't know how they are going to let them all run. many of these rigs are "first time out" ones. not a scratch on them. Spidertrax has a bithin' new rear/mid engine buggy. only 2120 pounds. they actually have to add 80lbs to meet the minimum 2200lb mark. a few others i can remember are:

Avalanche
Shaffer
Badlands
Waker Evans (the new independent)
Currie
and on, and on.....

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Currently looking pretty grim for Sunday...the comp on Sat should be fine though

Saturday
Mostly cloudy and windy with a slight chance of rain showers in the afternoon. Snow level 6500 feet. Highs 54 to 64. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph shifting to the south 20 to 30 mph.

Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy and very windy with a chance of rain and snow. Snow level lowering to 4500 feet. Lows 27 to 37. Southwest winds 25 to 35 mph decreasing late.

Sunday
Snow showers likely. Highs 40 to 49. Southwest winds 15 to 25 mph.

Sunday Night
Chance of snow showers. Lows 22 to 32.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts