Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to convert an 8 lug HP Ford 60 to 5 on 5 1/2, Dyna Trac says they use all chevy/dodge shit for their outers on their difs.

Info PLEASE

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Talk to Doug at Extreme axle sales....he can set you up with all the parts you need for a fair price.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
i just did this... what do you want to know?

machine the hubs down to 4.1" or so, machine in the 5 on 5.5 pattern or just buy the machined hubs from blackbirdscustom... tell them what you are doing and they will also sell you the brake plates/spacers for chevy 1/2 ton calipers with ford 78ish 1/2 ton rotors. slap it together and you are ready to go with 5 on 5.5 pattern and 15" wheels.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
yep just did it on mine as well. found all of the information on this site by searching!

Best of luck! Let me know if you want to have the hubs machined, I can have my machine shop do it for you. We have done several.
Jake

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Second on Doug at Extreme Axle Sales (highonda on this site). He has all the parts you need (I believe in a kit for you).

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
Turn the OD of your hub until it fits inside your wheels.
Turn the back side of the hub until it fits in the center of the rotor (I forget if the center of the open needs to be opened as well, I am sure it does though)
Drill 5 holes in the hub.
Make a new caliper bracket, to run the GM calipers.

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
Hey monkey he meant Dana 60 :D

Edit...Frank...LOL

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
Hey Viz if you get down this way I can turn those hubs down and pop the holes. From there you could use a mixture of Dana 44 caliper brackets and your dana 60 caliper bracket. OR you could buy the hub from Solidaxle.com and the brackets from a vendor here. I do believe Solid still sells a 5 lug dana 60 hub.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So much dickin around, this thing needs to be done and outa here by thurs next week.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MC pm me your number, I lost it. I wanna pick your massive brain.:flipoff2:haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts