Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93 international box truck im trying to buy. it would be a huge help to find out what transmission and rear axle ratio are in this.. governor speed, injection pump timing, etc. can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks in advance.

1HTSCPEM1PH501532

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I would guess most of those things were way too variable to include in the VIN. The trans and rear axle will have tags on them, and the engines often do too.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unfortunately the truck is several hours away. ive seen a dealer mechanic on some forum giving some impressive details with just a vin but cant find it now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
you can call any IH dealer and ask for parts dept, tell them you would like some info on a truck, give them the last 8 of the vin and they can give you all the info, motor/hp, trans type, brakes, gvw, gear ratio's and so on. I' m not sure how far back they can go but I've gone back as far as 1990 models, keep in mind though that sometimes stuff gets swapped around on these truck. I'm from the Louisville Ky area and have done this many times buying parts trucks for my 97 crew cab that I've been working on, it will save you a lot of time and gas looking at trucks.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats what i did. unfortunately all he could tell me was "international 6+1" for trans.. which could have been a spicer ESO66-7a or 7b and theres no way to tell without getting under the truck. overdrive meant a lot to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts