Pirate 4x4 banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Haven't dealt with them personally, but my friend had a new Super Duty that he put a lift on and wheels and tires himself and they went out to his house pull his "For Sale" sign off the truck and took some pics of it, and put them on thier web site under "Our Projects"...

WTH? I have never even heard of this being done. That is pretty sad.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WTF? Maby someone can call for me and ask them where the hell my $ is. They have been avoiding me for the last 2 1/2 days.

·
Registered
933 Posts
WTF? Maby someone can call for me and ask them where the hell my $ is. They have been avoiding me for the last 2 1/2 days.

Dunno much about them, I know they have a shop in Decatur, Alabama now. Yeah it is sad, my buddy called them and made them take the picture off. They told my other buddy that they get $10k to do 2 four links :eek:

·
Registered
854 Posts
Just call your credit card company and dispute the charges. If you have a decent card company, they will debit the merchant account. Then, they get to pay the cc company a fee in addition to your refund. That usually gets their attention.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
hardline yup thats them.
xanthias Yea I did that. It's not a c.c. though, a bank debit card. They did tell me that they will take it from here though.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Dunno much about them, I know they have a shop in Decatur, Alabama now. Yeah it is sad, my buddy called them and made them take the picture off. They told my other buddy that they get $10k to do 2 four links :eek:

Well the buggy you see on their home page is a buggy built by Todd Thomas who lives in Kentucky or did.His username on here is BMSN123. Unless he has sold his buggy, in on the business then they are advertising his buggy on their website as well...
link to Todd's build up
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184743

link to their home page..
http://www.offroadfabworks.com/

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was finally able to get through to them and spoke to a Mike, apparently the owner. There is more to this story but I will wait until after I receive my refund (the portion he is giving me) to to post it. And whatever is not refunded.......

·
"All Weeee Drive!"
12,032 Posts
Wow, the paragraph on the front page is poorly written. It almost makes no sense.

Tell me about it:

"We quickly begun to start to fab & carry alot of custom stuff do to the fact that most companys didnt offer what our customers were needing and/or looking for... we are the largest shop dealing in military axles... 2 1/2 & 5 ton axles & brakes. Our fast growing reputation has provided us with the most up to date knowledge and products available in the aftermarket industry. "

·
Registered
41 Posts
heylo i work at offroad fabworks maybe i can help settle some of the problems thats there is going on.. i dont know what the probs are but maybe i can try to help..

first of all Hardline.. the deal with the superduty is yes we did have a guy call & tell us about it.. & it was taken offa the net.. im not the webguy so i dont know what to say whats what.. but they recieved a email with the pic of the truck from a guy that we actually sold a fabtech suspension to & it had that pic & said we could post it up on the site & they had there web guy do it... They had it taken off once they were notified of the delima means we have no way to tell what was going on & didnt wanta start confritations...

far as custom 4 links.. yes they do get 10g for custom 4 links for labor.. but if you figure how many hours they spend doing a one off truck from frame down it takes alot of time & to see what guys are paying. its alot cheaper then what some shops are getting..

Cowboy porter... i did look at your invoice & it shows that you ordered some stuff & then few days later canceled & what not & looks like you placed a aditional order for something else.. i aint been involved with your transaction & dont know whats what.. id just hope that mike gets you straight on whats going on & everything. ive worked for them for a while & aint ever seen problems or what goes on.. they just recently started to deal with internet sales.. & start a website..

Last i checked they aint stealing anyones stuff or products.. they do the rockwells in house & make the custom brackets & accessories in house.. they dont buy em & resell em.. im one of they guys that works in the shop redoing rocks for em & im constantly busy doing it. far as stuff with the website thats another thing i do know when they had the site designed that they had some guy outta TX design the site for them & put it all up. so i dont know whats what or what the designer did... i aint involved with nothing.. im just seen the post on here after was notified of it & figured would post up my 2 cents for what its worth.

if anyone does have a problem please let me know as to i dont know if anyone knows of such thats being said & i will be glad to try to help you out in solving the problem or approaching mike with it..
thanks

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Last i checked they aint stealing anyones stuff or products.. they do the rockwells in house & make the custom brackets & accessories in house.. they dont buy em & resell em.. im one of they guys that works in the shop redoing rocks for em & im constantly busy doing it. far as stuff with the website thats another thing i do know when they had the site designed that they had some guy outta TX design the site for them & put it all up. so i dont know whats what or what the designer did... i aint involved with nothing.. im just seen the post on here after was notified of it & figured would post up my 2 cents for what its worth.
HMMM...Looks like we now know who did the front page...You keep saying them & they...Do you really work for them??

You "aint" involved with nothing but you work for them??

·
Registered
41 Posts
sorry i aint that good at typing.. Yes i do work at offroad fabworks.. No i dont do anything for there web site..

what i meant by not being involved with anything is. I am not in on any decisions and what not.. i just work back in the shop and am given a work order and just do what the order specifies thats IT. so whats done in the sales office or were ever else i have nothing involved with. im just a grease monkey in the back. Thats it and thats all i meant

1 - 20 of 229 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.