Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For shits and giggles thinking about entering in some local truck pulls. Not sure what class I would be put in but it seems like it would be kinda fun. I dont plan on doing it until the 203/205 combo goes in. For you guys that are doing it how much are you staggering your air pressure from front to back?? With an auto...are you shifting to second or just holding first for the whole pull??

·
Registered
310 Posts
I went to a county truck pull in VA with some friends one night, just because I didn't have anything else to do. Figured what the hell and entered the truck in the exhibition class, just for fun. No rules, no prizes, nothing but street trucks hooking up for the hell of it. In a 98 Dodge Ram 1500, 1st, low range, I went something like 148'.

Guy at the line said "First, low range, ease into it to get it rolling good, then keep it on the floor till it doesn't go anymore." Pause for tobacco chew spit. "If the rear end starts bouncing on ya, your done or your gonna break something."

I imagine it isn't the best for u-joints or automatic transmissions.

Have a video of it, but no where to host it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Forgot to mention, I made a longer pull than some of the trucks in one of the lower classes. Not sure what class it was, Stock Modified or Super Stock or something. Basically Boggers, rear axle mounted solid, a.k.a. no rear suspenion, and big blocks with headers through the hood.

And I didn't have the power or the speed to use anything other than 1st gear.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tim, I dont plan to use the dual cases for the pull. I just want that 32 spline stuff in there for durability! I would just use the 205 case/low for the pull. Do Boggers work well out there??

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
boggers work good if you can keep them spinning. i do a few pulls around here. i run the fronts at about 7psi and the rears at about 15. my truck i have to add weight and run the 5500lb class. it weights in at 5114 with a full tank. let me know when your going and ill try and come to pull too :D it will be like old times at the mud boggs :p although my truck wont be smashed into a power pole on the way

jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts