Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea yea yea, i know, a stupid question...

but seriously, has anyone ever had or run a set of centerlines that were beadlocked? the wheels are super light weight and i'm just wondering if they're strong enough...

i scored the wheels for CHEAP, so i might as well use them...

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I've seen many Centerline Hellcats and HT's with Champion beadlocks. Can't say I have personally seen any other Centerline beadlocked. Currie and Shannon Campbell used to run beadlocked Hellcats. Don't know what they are running now.

·
Premium Member
25,806 Posts
DSI said:
cool.. thanks, i was hoping they weren't to light (weak) to use :D
Are they Forged Aluminum Billet or Cast Aluminum? Might make a big difference. They sell both kinds.

I saw an article on the cast ones they ran on the rim to see how they held up and they didn't fare well. Cracked and broke easily. The forged ones held up better.

If your going with champion I'm sure they may have some more info on them since they do so many.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Hellcats are cast and don't have much of a load rating, go with forged Mickey Thompson Classics (not cast Classic II's) or Challengers. If you bend a forged rim you can hammer it back into shape, just like steel. Weld makes some great forged wheels too, though I'm not big on the looks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.