·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Extreme4x4s said:
Whats the storie with it?
Where is it and how hard is it?
:D
Not hard at all.

The pics from your canyon trip make McGrew look easy, and it is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I grew up in Cave Junction Oregon which is just outside of O'Brien where the Tim McGrew trail starts. I went on the trail once a long time ago, and really want to go again. I just got a jeep, and want to find out some info on when it is exactly. I think it is June sometime. If you have any info i would apprieciate it. It is a simi easy run if you stay on the road but if you want fun go off the road......, and by the way southern oregon does not suck!!!!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
jeepgirl68 said:
I grew up in Cave Junction Oregon which is just outside of O'Brien where the Tim McGrew trail starts. I went on the trail once a long time ago, and really want to go again. I just got a jeep, and want to find out some info on when it is exactly. I think it is June sometime. If you have any info i would apprieciate it. It is a simi easy run if you stay on the road but if you want fun go off the road......, and by the way southern oregon does not suck!!!!!
You can run the trail anytime, but I think your refering about the Oregon Creek N Trail event, put on by Region 6 of the Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association. The event is always Fathers day weekend, which is june 17th, 18th & 19th this year, for more information you can E Mail Pat Harris at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
McGrew Trail Ride
TLCA sanction event hosted by Pacific Mountain Cruisers
July 29-30 O'Brien, Oregon

I did this run a few years back great trail, a stock rig can do it with no problems.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I did it a couple of weeks back. No problem but bring a chainsaw. Alot of trees fell on the trail. That little rocky section in the top was pretty fun though. Also, at the very end on the crescent city side there is a narrow off camber part with a pretty good dropoff that when dry is no problem but if there is snow it might kinda' suck. I heard it was from when they had that big fire a few years back they had a bulldozer goin' back and forth on it and it caused the road to erode a bit. Are there any more "hardcore" places to go in southern oregon? Anways, whoever is goin' in june pm me and I'll come and show ya'll how bad I drive:grinpimp: I'd really stick to the tread lightly guidelines on this trail. FLOW(friends of oregon living waters) are having a hippie shitfit over the tire tracks and other stupid stuff and want to shut this trail down. Something about our trucks are bringing some "root disease" from other parts of the state and killin' the trees on the mcgrew:laughing:

·
Registered
3 Posts
CJ3BWILLYS said:
You can run the trail anytime, but I think your refering about the Oregon Creek N Trail event, put on by Region 6 of the Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association. The event is always Fathers day weekend, which is june 17th, 18th & 19th this year, for more information you can E Mail Pat Harris at [email protected]

:) Hey thank you I got the info and application. See ya there:cool2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help re-open the McGrew trail

For those wondering the McGrew trail has been limited to use by "permit" issue only as of June 2016. Our group has been trying to get a permit for several weeks now and the Forest Service stated they "Don't have a process setup to issue permits yet". They also stated they don't know when they will have a process in place for permitting. Please I urge everyone to call or email the Forest Service or your local state representative and let them know how you feel about this. The McGrew trail is the last "Legal" 4x4 trail in Southern Oregon. Please help stand up for your rights to access public lands for recreation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts