Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if anyone from here will be racing at the Mint 400 this year.

..I know a few UTV guys will be there and I would think there would be a couple race teams heading over to Las Vegas also.

..I will be shooting over there and would like to cover some members from Pirate that will be racing. Heck, if you are a member here and part of a pit crew there, that counts too..:D

·
Vertical Limits
5,037 Posts
Class 10, 1089. Magliacano Metalworx and (Matt) driving and I am codog. We run in the morning class now with teh UTV's and stuff as of last night.
Blue and Red dotted panels.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
..If you see me, wave..lol..:D

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Kyle "the real SPEED" Usnick and I will be slaying the Sportsman UTV class!!

1999 FTMFW!!

Stop by at tech/contingency and grab some STEEEEEKERS!!!

Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
..Got it...I'll add them to the list..:D

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
..Did you race the Mint last year and do you have a picture of the truck?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1062 blue/black class 10, 6130 Trophy Spec and 8030 White Class 8 Chevy please
If the 1062 car is the same as last year, I still have video of the kids in the car driving to tech :D

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have 20 Jeepspeed teams entered with 3 more teams on waiting list as field is full at 315 starters!
..I am anxiously waiting the day I can shoot pictures of the Jeepspeed VS. Ultra4 4500/4600 class' at someplace like Glen Helen.(even if it is a trial shootout)

..Do you think we could get this to happen this year?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
..I stopped by Currie Ent. shop today before I head out and I saw the trophy lite truck loaded up..

..Sadly, I found out they decided this truck wasn't ready for the Mint 400 this year so it will not be racing this week so that is one vehicle I won't be getting pictures of.. :(

..But I plan on being at the The KMC Wheels Pit Crew Challenge presented by Currie Enterprises‏..

..But I did have my camera with me and did take some spy shots..

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/competitions-events/1663609-pre-ejs-2014-spy-pics.html#post24581113

..:D

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I'm bringing a KOH SPEC car out to show and will be in the pit crew challenge with 1553, Ray Griffith, and of course, racing on saturday. Rob, beers?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
..Will the Spec Car be set up on Fremont St.?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
...Are you paying someone for the opportunity? :)

..Fremont St. is probably the most awesome place to be during a race week...Right up there with Hammertown except anything a man can want is within twenty feet of you 24hrs. a day..and the view ain't bad either..

...You know I'll swing by..

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
..For those going out to spectate or those wanting to know the schedule of events out there this week, this link should answer most of your questions..

How to Spectate The Mint 400 » The Mint 400

The 2014 Mint 400, with its fifty seven Trick Trucks entered, promises to be the biggest race in the history of off-road. The Mint is now capped at 325 race teams, with a list of 40+ hopefuls waiting to take their spots in The Great American Off-Road Race™. From the 4 Wheel Parts Vehicle Parade down the Las Vegas Strip, to the world famous Contingency, there is plenty to come and see leading up to race day.
..and if you have any questions about the race or want to see a picture of something even behind the scenes, post up and I will try to get a shot for you..;)

..here is a link that updates all their articles if you get bored and need something to read...It does have a link to all the girls trying out for this years pageant as well as the 8 finalist..

The Mint 400

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
We'll be there vending on Freemont during tech/contingency Friday. Drop by to grab some decals and a TMR bottle opener keychain. Just mention you are from Pirate!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
..I will see you out there and hopefully the other vendors will step up too..:D

..I have a bunch of behind the scenes pictures to start sorting but here are a couple from our friends at MadMedia..

Qualifying

Dale Dondel Takes The Pole At The Mint 400 » The Mint 400

The 2014 General Tire Mint 400 Method Race Wheels Time Trials
Dale Dondel Takes The Mint 400 Pole

Early this morning the best off-road racers in the world arrived in Jean to battle it out for a top start position at The Greatest Off-Road Race in America™. The 3.4 mile qualifying loop had a mix of graded roads, sand washes, rutted out turns, and fast straight aways.
Only half a second separated Dale Dondel and Bryce Menzies with Dondel getting the upper hand. With winning the pole position Dondel earns the right to start by himself instead of side by side with Menzies. Only two seconds behind Menzies is Robby Gordon which means that they will start next to one another after Dondel. Your top 5 was rounded out by Harley Letner and Justin Lofton.

Top 10 Qualifying
1. Dale Dondel
2. Bryce Menzies
3. Robby Gordon
4. Harley Letner
5. Justin Lofton
6. Steve Sourapas
7. Derrick Sproule
8. Tavo Vildosola
9. Pat Dean
10. BJ Baldwin
..and Travis pastrana qualified in the 19th spot.

..I forgot to mention that 4Wheelparts on Decatur out here is giving away a poster with all the class' of vehicles. The 4400 class "King of the Hammers" is represented on that poster..

:D

1 - 20 of 47 Posts