Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so it appears like it would be cheaper for me to sell my triple cases and get the 6.1 gears for a sami. t-case. I'm running 39.5's until I can swap down for some 38.12.5's and my question is will the t-case hold up if I use the full supporting bucket idea? Anyone running the 6.1 gearsets and have 38's or bigger? Any issues that should be addressed? Also who has the cheapest but quality gear sets. I'd install myself and any deals that might be coming along in the future? thanks

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
Dude, did you install your Toy gears?
Did you see how delicate the front output gear is?

The Samurai gear is maybe 2/3's that size :eek:

I run 36's with a Klune & a stock Sam t-case.
I dunno if I'd push it much further than that if you get happy with the skinny pedal.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I dont' see why it would be a problem.. Look at Mike Shaffer and how he drove his competition samurai? Not only that he had a kick t-case in front of the samurai t-case. Plus a 1.8. What axle gears do you have? Thats another factor on how much stress will be on the t-case.

L8rz

MiNeRbItCh

·
Registered
221 Posts
You should be fine.. gearing might be just a tad high with 39's but should be ok.. Got pix of this beast?

L8rz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.