Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about finished with my Saginaw conversion, and need some ideas on what the best placement for the rock ram is gonna be. Running a stock SUA with 4" lift and 2.5" shackles. Biggest problem is my u-bolt flip kit seems to be taking up some space in the place where I want to mount the ram. Any pics would be appreciated.

Bill C.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
TTT. Nobody here running a rock ram. I kinda have to due to a partially torn rotator cuff - c'mon send some pictures.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I am not running one with a SUA, but why can't you mount it off the front diff cover and off the tie rod?

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Bill C. said:
TTT. Nobody here running a rock ram. I kinda have to due to a partially torn rotator cuff - c'mon send some pictures.
Bill I been hanging here a while and honestly don't remember anyone running one in the configuration you specify.
Mounting is usually off the top of the pumpkin area, but with a SUA clearance will be an issue.
Sounds like you will be a trailblazer here.....
Butch

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Another thought, I have Saginaw, on my rig, and did the pump mods outlined on West Texas Off Roads, web site, I can turn it with my little finger, on everything except binding type trail stuff, I have a Lock Rite up front so can't unlock it.
35 1550 TSL SX's
BTW there are a bunch of guys on this board that have driven my truck or at least felt of the ease of the steering, that can back this up......some have even broken my truck

Butch:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I'm already running the model 92 4 bolt gear, and have a pump that's been modified, so the steering should be pretty easy (compared to the mini-truck set up); but, I've already got the ram, so it's gonna go on next month somehow :D

I was a little leary of mounting it to the front pumpkin, but would consider the actuall diff housing if I can get the clearance issues worked out.

Yeah, may be the first - might just be an excuse to go SO.

Still, I appreciate the feedback.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts