Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I'd share some tool reviews you guys & gals might find interesting.
(hopefully I got the right subcategory this time)
I'd appreciate feedback on them.

Site is spam free...for your assurance, I'm in good standing on both the Garage Journal and on the Garage Gazette. Thanks, Farmall.

Snap-on SSDMR4B Ratcheting Screwdriver Review

Sioux “Sioux-Per” Air Swivel Connectors Review

DeWalt DCD771 1/2″ 20V Max Lithium-Ion Drill/Driver Review

Channellock Tongue & Groove Pliers

Gearwrench 120XP 4 Piece Full Polish Flex Ratchet Set | 81230P

Napa Carlyle 3 Piece Ratchet Set | CHT 8992345

View Site Homepage/All Reviews
ToolAudits.com | Your #1 source for legitimate, in-depth hand & power tool reviews.

Thanks!
:beer:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I used to have a orange 45* angle one of those. I'm looking for a replacement- my most missed tool. Standing cash offer if anyone reading can help, as AFAIK they are discontinued.

In the title above the photo, you missed the "h" in 1.3 Ah. Very very important.
Amp hours are a measurement of how long the battery lasts under load. Why I say it's very very important, is that Amps on a 110V tool tell you the maximum draw. Not the same thing at all.

It's like people not getting light-years are a measurement of distance.
Or that BS with Sears and their 5.5 HP vacuums. (Don't get me started on that)

Anyway, for anyone shopping for rechargable tools, Amp hours are THE way to compare across tool lines/brands. The misleading focus only on voltage is a peeve of mine. Actually you should multiply the two, ultimately, but I'm also told Milwaukee's 18V runs the same voltage as Dewalt's 20V.
BTW Milwaukee's best runs 4.0Ah batteries, though they do have lesser models in some kits.
Me, I haul a Group 24 12V and an inverter around with me and use 110V tools. Those are around 66-72 Ah. :)

Napa Canada has Ultra-Pro which was one of the early examples of doing off-shore right, or the fact that offshore products can be held to world class tolerances. Never seen Carlyle up here.

Definitely got the impression these were commercial blurbs but other's mileage may vary.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I used to have a orange 45* angle one of those. I'm looking for a replacement- my most missed tool. Standing cash offer if anyone reading can help, as AFAIK they are discontinued.
Canadian Tire (MasterCraft) makes their own version that I snagged as soon as I saw it on sale for $29.99. It doesn't have the pistol grip but is more just rounded.

EXACT same tool. I saw a Snap-on set with the stubby/regular and extensions and bought it off local classifieds for $100, brand new in package. Still had more slop and more tension on the ratcheting mechanisms than the $30 ones. Needless to say I hocked it later that week for $160 and happily went on my way with the cheapos. They still works great 2-years later.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

In the title above the photo, you missed the "h" in 1.3 Ah. Very very important.
Amp hours are a measurement of how long the battery lasts under load. Why I say it's very very important, is that Amps on a 110V tool tell you the maximum draw. Not the same thing at all.

It's like people not getting light-years are a measurement of distance.
Or that BS with Sears and their 5.5 HP vacuums. (Don't get me started on that)

Anyway, for anyone shopping for rechargable tools, Amp hours are THE way to compare across tool lines/brands. The misleading focus only on voltage is a peeve of mine. Actually you should multiply the two, ultimately, but I'm also told Milwaukee's 18V runs the same voltage as Dewalt's 20V.
BTW Milwaukee's best runs 4.0Ah batteries, though they do have lesser models in some kits.
Me, I haul a Group 24 12V and an inverter around with me and use 110V tools. Those are around 66-72 Ah. :)

Napa Canada has Ultra-Pro which was one of the early examples of doing off-shore right, or the fact that offshore products can be held to world class tolerances. Never seen Carlyle up here.

Definitely got the impression these were commercial blurbs but other's mileage may vary.
Those pistol grip drivers are awesome, my black one is probably my most used as well. I can't see why they canceled production :(

Sorry about that typo, I'll get right on it. Thank You.

Carlyle is probably the best quality import brand around, however, I prefer to shop around for US COO tools (often for less money) and not imported. Deals like that one change my mind though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts