Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone machine down a lock-rite to fit??

ok here is the story . my 35 lost a carrier bearing. i had all the part to rebuild. but the carrier is bad. i bought a new carrier . went to put in the lock-rite, but it won't fit in the carrier. i made shore i got the right carrier.i need to cut .030 off the lock-right to fit in the carrier. the spider gears from the 30 fit the new carrier. but i want the lock-rite in. so has anyone cut one down to fit? why am i wasting time on a 35??? NO M O N E Y

·
Banned
5,372 Posts
you can not get the lock-right parts through the side of the carrier, or you can't get the cross-pin in once the parts are inside?

too many thrust washers maybe, if its the latter?

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
We had that problem with a drop in locker lact year. I think it was a EZ locker and it went in a land cruser.

It was the night before their Moab trip and he wanted the locker in; so I ground down the thrust washers with a bench grinder so the cross-pin would pass. The thing is still working and he says it locks and unlocks very smoothly.

·
Registered
117 Posts
YOU GOT THE WRONG CARRIER, OR LOCK RIGHT.

THERE IS A YEAR SPLIT IN THE MODEL 35

SAVE YOUR MONEY MACHING THE SIDE GEAR AND GET THE RIGHT CARRIER:rolleyes: BARE OPEN CARRIER IS CHEAP!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it won't cost me a thing to machine it down . just about an hour of work. just hoping that the width between the carrier is the same. i will know tonight.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The ABS and non-ABS carriers are different and ABS carriers were used in some non-ABS Jeeps. I had the same problem when I bought the lock-right for my 98 TJ. The only way to know which one you need for sure is to get the B.O.M. off the axle tube AND don't buy from 4WPW cause they'll fawk it up every time!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts