Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but can't find anything. I called ott, but they told me they won't be starting any production for about 6 months.

Is there anyone making something comparable? Anyone make thier own?

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
you can make one with the back part of a transmission, sawzall work

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am also in your position. Called OTT and they dont have any kick4's and told me they don't want to make me one so my plan is:

chop the backhalf of w56 and weld/bolt to plate to another plate that mounts to the back of the tracker 3speed. Then I am going to make a coupler out of the tracker TC input shaft and the w56 output shaft. The coupler is going to be the hard part i think since they are hardened steel. Anyone else fab something like this?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Check out the new Grand Vitara 4 speeds ... they have a 21 spline output that is very close to the toyota 21 spline case.. a little playing around with adapters from the Grand round pattern to a toyota pattern ( maybe an extension housing from an early toy 4 speed side shift transmission) and it should be very do-able

Good Luck

Chris (used to play with Kickers a lot)

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Check out the new Grand Vitara 4 speeds ... they have a 21 spline output that is very close to the toyota 21 spline case.. a little playing around with adapters from the Grand round pattern to a toyota pattern ( maybe an extension housing from an early toy 4 speed side shift transmission) and it should be very do-able

Good Luck

Chris (used to play with Kickers a lot)
I just looked at a 98 kick with a 1.8/auto would that be the same?

I honestly can't believe there isn't more of a market for these. Toy cases are cheap to stack, regear and still pretty easy to find. It seems like it wouldnt be that hard to make a kicker 4 style adapter in the 500 dollar range.

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That was my original plan, and I did pm him. It's a great product, I just couldn't justify $1000, plus the price off a d300 plus 32 spline out puts, and a 4:1.

I thought zuks were supposed to be cheap :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
That was my original plan, and I did pm him. It's a great product, I just couldn't justify $1000, plus the price off a d300 plus 32 spline out puts, and a 4:1.

Well you don't need the 32 spline outputs or a 4:1 kit.

Any other kit is going to be $1000, plus a yota/sami transfercase.

But they don't have twin stick:grinpimp::grinpimp:

·
Registered
5,351 Posts

What's Yota gears and outputs gonna cost?
$490 for gears
$350 rear output
$250 front output

there's 1100 before getting the adapter

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dana 300
JB conversions
case $300
rear out put $390
Front out put $275
Toy flanges $200(estimate)
4:1 kit $650
Total $1875

Toyota
Longfield & Marlin
$100
Rear out put $220(lifetime warranty)
Front out put not necessary IMO $320(lifetime warranty)
Toy flanges FREE :flipoff2:
4.7 kit $500
Rear disconnect $470
Total $1610

BUT you don't have to the out puts or the disconnect at the same time, or at all. So more like $600-$800.

The way I see it, I wouldn't want to buy the toy flanges twice for the 300, So i would do it all at once.

Plus I have a set of dual toys with a 4.7 in my garage. Trust me, I would rather have a D300, but money wise, in a sidekick, it doesn't make much sense.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
If you want to run your TOYs that you already have (ideal). Why don't you just buy the Bell housing kit and run a Toyota transmission and be done with it.

As for the D300 VS toy

Your over building for absolutely no reason at all.

What are your running for an engine? Built small block Chevy?:homer:

No a sami with 90HP, a stock D300 is PLENTY strong to handle anything you can throw at it.

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you want to run your TOYs that you already have (ideal). Why don't you just buy the Bell housing kit and run a Toyota transmission and be done with it.

As for the D300 VS toy

Your over building for absolutely no reason at all.

What are your running for an engine? Built small block Chevy?:homer:

No a sami with 90HP, a stock D300 is PLENTY strong to handle anything you can throw at it.
As I said in the begining, I want an auto.

I was also told that an fj80 front end was plenty strong enough for 42s on a Toyota, but 3 broken birfs later on a sami on 37s and I'm not so sure. So yes I like to over build.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts