Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my quest for LV parts, I came across a guy who has a rolling 45LV frame, no body, and not sure of the year yet. I think he's in CO somewhere but I'm waiting on pictures and the specifics. Anyone interested in it if its sound and the price is right? Its too far for me to go and get just a frame since mine is ok. and no, he doesnt have any other LV parts, sorry. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
oddly 45LV frames don't seem to have rust rot problem, unlike fj45LPB frames. every 45LV I have seen has a frame that looks like new

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Sure, why not. I know mine has been butchered. Mine is a 1965, and I am in CO. Ask him if he has a valid title for the frame. I still really need a title before I start restoring my LV.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
In my quest for LV parts, I came across a guy who has a rolling 45LV frame, no body,
Is the body crushed, cancer ridden or does he have access to it at all? Does it have a title? I don't mind a lot of fab work to fix the body if he has at least something to work with. No body - not interested :D

·
Registered
324 Posts
i've seen a LV frame in Northern NM too. Taos to be exact. don't know anything about it except what i saw. frame w/ axles and engine block. no body at all. anyone curious, i can give info. it's in a junkyard.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
doesnt the 45LV and the 45 shortbed share the same frame?

·
Registered
324 Posts
i'm not sure, but the LV fuel tank was at the rear under the tub wasn't it. looks like that's where this one was. didn't look fabbed either.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I will have a partly butchered body I will need to get rid of. I am getting a body from Ground Up. He is cutting a section of the right rear quarter and roof out of mine. It will be an excellent candidate for a bobbed 45LV rock-crawler.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
your right, but I was thinking for other options for the frame, maybe someone needs a 45swb frame?

on my 45LVs, the frame has the mount for the drop down spare where the tank is in a 45LV

BionicCruiser said:
i'm not sure, but the LV fuel tank was at the rear under the tub wasn't it. looks like that's where this one was. didn't look fabbed either.

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
I have spent many hours working on a 45lv frame, the wb, is the same. I think there are minor differences at the rear, mounts maybe. I made a super badass rockcrawler with a cut down 40 tub on one of the spare wagon frames. IMO if you have the ability to make the cab look good, it would be easier to make a frame, unless you have no ability to cut, weld, or measure. Someone needs to get the frame though, it is only $125 to get a clean title. There are lots of uses for, the frame other than a rockcrawler.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alrighty,

I was wrong, the frame is in Fresno, CA. I'm not sure why I thought it was in Colorado. Sorry.

Asking price is $500 with the title and the original data plate from the body.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
FYI, LV frames make ideal swap for FJ45 swb frames. That is, if your swb frame is shot, the LV frame is nearly a direct replacement. simply cut down the body mount horns along the side and slip on your swb cab and bed.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Is anyone willing to pick up that frame for me and hold it until I can drive out there and get it? I have been through more than I wanted trying to get a valid title for mine and even then, it wouldn't have the body plate. My frame has a lot of interesting plates welded to it and I was thinking of swapping the frame anyway. Let me know if you are willing to help out. I'll throw in a few bucks for your efforts as well. :)

1141.76 miles one way according to Mapquest...

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
stock rolling frame with axles. See first post...

Ground Up said:
Is it the frame only? Has it had any mods done to it?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes you are. :D

I'm waiting for the owner to get me some.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
treeroot, how long do you need it to be housed? If you're willing to pay for a tow dolly
rental or maybe someone can let me borrow theirs.. i'll do it no problem

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
I have free storage here, roughly 150 miles north of Fresno. No prob with storing it for a bro, but no way to get it here.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts