Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people, I'm trying to helpa buddy with his Dodge. It's a '99 24 valve 6cyl diesel. he's a performance mechanic and has doen quite a bit to his truck, mainly BD Power upgrades. he's pushing about 750HP and over 1000lbft.

He's been talking to the tranny tech guy at BD to try and solve his problems, but now he's on his second tranny from them. he's having problems with full lock up. What's going on now is apparently he's getting sent into limp mode, he's not getting any pull from the tranny when it's cold, and after it warms up it does better, but still won't pull in First gear. the first tranny he had from BD, we opened the oil pan and found all kinds of clutch material in the pan and they assumed a bad tranny or at least valve body. so they sent a new one and now there's problems with it. Anyone here know much about thier trannies or can anyone help out with somethings to look for.

thanks
brent

·
Registered
98 Posts
The Turdo Deisel Register will have your answer. That kind of power is pushing the limit with a lite duty trans.:p :p

·
Registered
106 Posts
I will second the TDR for help...

I hate to doubt you, but I have a real hard time beliveing that he is making 750 hp... If he is he is making more HP than about 99.9% of all the hot rodded diesels out there....heck I don't think that Christan of BD's race truck even made that much HP.

If it was me and I had a higher HP truck than I do (450 Hp now) I would go North to Diesel Transmission Tech.... www.dieseltrans.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts