Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for proof that a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 w/ dual piston brake calipers can run either AE 589's 15X10 or MT Classic II's 15X10.
Pictures would be great if you have them.

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
hmm. dual piston breaks? Know what the mounting difference is between them and single piston? Could be very intresting...

Oh and my 15x8's barely clear my single piston calliper... but if you got steal rims and >2.5" backspacing, i would think you woudl be fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I am wanting to run the MT Classic II's. I can get the Classics for the same price as the black rockcrawlers right now. I know the rockcrawlers will fit.
I am thinking I will just order the MT Classics and grind the calipers to make them fit, if need be.
:D

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
Yeah, grinding the callipers works. Found out last night that the callipers and pads on my 96 are the same as on my 88 3/4 ton suburban 10 bolt. Wierd huh?

Oh, and personally, i would put steel rims on, or forged alumnium if you can afford it. Only reason i have 589's on 2 of my truck is because i didnt pay for the rims. too soft, too wasy to break lug nuts, too easy to crack, too hard ot keep clean, and not built well enough IMO. Only wheels i have ever bought are steel wheels... and at $27 a wheel for 15x8's, from summit racing, You really cant go wrong... except in the looks deparptment.

Garrett

1 - 5 of 5 Posts