Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got the cable conversion on their e-locker? If so how do you like it. My only beef with the e-locker is that it doesn't turn off right away. and when your stuck and need to turn the wheels this can be a PITA with the front locker on. Just wondering if anyone has the cable conversion, where they got it, how they like it, and cost? Oh and any pics of what it looks like mounted in your rig.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
downey's kit is hella nice, wont work on the front if its a lo pinion, i know i got one as a gift and it wouldnt fit. it bolts on the side of the diff, where the rod is then you pull the motor off and put a freze plug in its place, pretty simple and hella cool, if you buy one let me know because i need the harness and possibly the motor for my front lo-pinion e-locker

Ben

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so it will work in my front high pinion correct? you got any pics of how you mounted the cable?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That link is not much help. I just want to know if you can instantly turn the locker off with the cable or if you gotta go driving around waiting for it to turn off. I tried searching seems its not a popular item.

·
Registered
27,624 Posts
Mike, I would get this setup. It will be much cheaper than switching out your housing, third and doing an ARB. The cable should disengage your locker, just as quickly as an ARB. If mine is bound up, I have to spin the tyres a bit to get it to engage/disengage.....not anything like the problem you are having though. The cable should work out fine.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, guess i will order one before summer. As a last effort im going to try it without the resistor and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
well...i just put a HP e-locker in my junk. havet wired it yet. is it really that much of a pain in the ass to engage/disengage? should i not waste my time and just hook up a cable?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im not sure if its just mine or what? They don't seem to be very popular.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Ben Holloway said:
downey's kit is hella nice, wont work on the front if its a lo pinion, i know i got one as a gift and it wouldnt fit. it bolts on the side of the diff, where the rod is then you pull the motor off and put a freze plug in its place, pretty simple and hella cool, if you buy one let me know because i need the harness and possibly the motor for my front lo-pinion e-locker

Ben
What's the deal on this? i was going front elocker, low pinion, and was gonna do the cable. why wont it work?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.