Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone seen these u-joints? and is this fuel cell in danger? opinions?

I got this ad out of a magazine and thought they would be great to use on a rig, but I can't find out who,what, were, when?

u joints

fuel cell

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Yea , this is used in rockwell front steering axles, the 7,500 lbs. and the 9,000 lbs. front axles. these are know as the "wing type" U joint. steve differential eng .inc.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so where

So where do I get them? Do they limit range of motion? Are they stronger? How difficult is it to get the end piece that welds to the driveshaft? etc etc.

Guess I should email onetoncv

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I see this style of joints at work all the time. Spicer Life line of heavy duty u-joints. It does not seem to me that they would have all that much articulation available in them.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
If you want to see them real life, go to a truck parts shop. That looks like the ones I have installed on heavy trucks for thier d-shaft u-joints.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah your probably right

about the fuel cell, The back bottom corner hangs below the springs, but just barely. I've thought of bending some tube to go under that back corner since I've already got my fuel cell pretty much set up and moving it would be a whole crap load of more work but.....

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Re: yeah your probably right

sfazr2 said:
about the fuel cell, The back bottom corner hangs below the springs, but just barely. I've thought of bending some tube to go under that back corner since I've already got my fuel cell pretty much set up and moving it would be a whole crap load of more work but.....
A little work now....

It's only a matter of 'when' in it's current location.

--D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts